Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multiple suppliers and split order forms

Bas van Ginkel

Total Posts:  3

Hi there,

i have a question i would like you’re input on. I have a request for a project and i don’t know the best way to start working toward a solutions. All recomendations are welkom, using certain packages as a base or starting with blank coding.

My client wants to develop a website offeringing a single portal eCommerce site with products from multiple small shop owners. The site needs the following functionalities:

- Shop owners need to be able to update their products and prices via a CMS. This could be done by an seperate software solution with the results imported into Magento.
- Visitors need to be able to order products on the site. They do not need to see from what shop the products come.
- After ordering the system must be able to split the order up into seperate orderforms per shop owner where products are purchased.
- The site needs to be able to produce financial reports where product sales per shop owner are visible.

How would you envision a solution for these problems, using any software you like?

With kind regard,
Bas van Ginkel
the Netherlands

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CBC

Total Posts:  48
Spain

I did this changes, but i didn’t it of the correct way.
I created the stores as categories and when I add a product to the cart, I create one cart by each categorie.
It’s not a good solution, but it’s the unique way that i found.

If you find other solution, I tell me, please.

Sorry by my english, it’s bad.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Glitchy

Total Posts:  17

OpenERP with Magento as its frontend - http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/446/smile-openerp-synchro

Magento Community
Magento Community

bertouli

Total Posts:  2

Hey Bas,

You are not the only one that is looking for this feature. see also http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/237/ with a comment from the magento team.

Lets hope somebody is interested to start up this module.

kr
Bert

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community