Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
My Host dosen’t like Magento

Camelothosting

Total Posts:  10

Actually looks like I might have gotten it,

had to run this

find /Dir/username/public_html -type f -perm 0664 -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find /Dir/username/public_html -type d -perm 0775 -exec chmod 755 {} \;

and kill the htaccess files

will let you know

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Camelothosting

Total Posts:  10

After much fuss and muss we have it working,
we litterally had to reset ALL the files and folders default permissions,
remove the php overrides from htaccess,

and spend several hours trying to figure out why pdo_mysql wasnt being recognized

Magento Community
Magento Community

shaun

Total Posts:  39
Todmorden, UK

I hope both the work done from Camelothosting and SimpleHelix to make Magento an easy install option on their various setups is being fed back to the team.

I had issues with the 0.6 versions not liking mysqli but none with 0.7’s install. At that point I started offering it as an install to my customers who don’t mind the beta status. The PEAR channel update mechanism I think will be a great help there for hosting companies.

I wonder if anyone is working on a cPanel add-on script for Magento. That would solve a lot of issues for shared hosting.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2