Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different inventories on a storeview level? 

cooee

Total Posts:  100
Aachen, Germany

A customer of ours has got his warehouses in different parts of Europe. The way he would like to set up his business is - for example - to let his customers see a Spanish storefront and the stock of the Spanish warehouse (the one where the products are sent from in this case). French customers see the inventory of the French warehouse etc. Expect for their respective translations the products are all the same in every country and in every warehouse.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

I thought it was held at the website level but on searching the forums it appears that it in fact held globally.

I suppose you could duplicate the products on a website level but that seems a rather cumbersome way around it. Probably inventory cannot be held at store view level because of the merged shopping cart. Come to think of it, there is also a merged shopping cart at store level isn’t there? I can’t see why there isn’t at least the option to hold it at website level. I hope this will be coming in a future release.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community