Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Complex import method - possible with Magento? 

eitai2001
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi.

I would like to know if it is possible to program something for magento to import complex pricelists. I am attaching an old pricelist to give an example. There are also different kinds of pricelists for different suppliers, and they have more than 1 worksheet, this is just 1 example.

A competitor of mine can do this on her custom developed site ... she justs uploads the excel file, and 5 minutes later its imported, prices updated, etc, etc.

Basically, what I want is a system that will automatically import excel and pdf pricelists that are formatted differently by my different suppliers (It must support more than 1 tab in a pricelist, and I do not have to change the format to suit Magento). It must automatically add new products and estimate the Manufacturer name, and possibly category. It must reference old pricelists so that I can check old prices. It must update prices of products already in the system. It must compare prices from different suppliers selling the same item, and give me a viewable comparison, and possibly some gaphic views of price/profit amounts compared to my selling price. It must decide on an optimal selliing price according to my set mark ups. It must keep items disabled on the front end until I have confirmed them to be shown in the front end (This will be there so that I can first detect errors). If it cannot link prices of same products from different manufacturers, perhaps due to different stock codes, it must give me the option to manually link prices from different manufacturers together. I should also be able to view the RAW pricelist data and full original supplier pricelists via the website so I can access them anywhere, so basically, it needs to bring each pricelist I upload into the database. There must also be an option where I can tell the system that one of the pricelists I’m importing has a Lead Time and this must be shown on the site or in the name. If I import a pricelist and it updates items already there, it must not update descriptions that have been edited, but if the description is different to the one that was originally on there (This is where keeping older reference pricelists comes in handy), then it must alert me, as there might’ve been a change to the product. The system should also allow me to include new regular expressions that will let me set up the import system to check for certain attributes so that my comparison system works efficiently. It should also show me percent increases or decreases from previous pricing.

This is extremely complex. Can it be done? If it can, and you are a developer, PM me a quote to get something like this done.

Regards

Itai

File Attachments
27th June 2007 Main Rectron Pricelist (JHB).zip  (File Size: 987KB - Downloads: 835)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community