Magento Forum

UK Payments - Maestro issues? Other issues? Must change from google checkout to something direct ASAP

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

Hi,

We are in an awful situation where our client is claiming they could go bust in the next four weeks if we do not change from google checkout in the next couple of days.

1) We are looking for an immediate fix or any options/suggestions. They are happy to just take the credit card details and charge manually for now but I hear of issues with Switch/Maestro/start date verification? This would give us time to play with but we can’t put it in place if we cannot verify all UK cards?

2) After we sort an immediate solution, are there any direct payment modules that are working fine in the UK? How long do these take to order Merchant account for?

Has anyone got any input? We are desparate to find a solution asap. Surely anyone in the UK would have already faced this issue? Thanks guys.

Joe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

We are using Protx in VSP Form mode - believe there is an issue with Maestro, but we surely that is better for your client than them going bust?!  We have found people try another card, or ring us up.  It’s something we can live with basically.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

idea21

Total Posts:  4

We are just about to go live using Protx VSP Server which is a cross between the VSP form and VSP Direct. Where you handle the checkout procedure within magento but then the payment is completed off site. This means you do not have to worry about PCI Compliance as you do when using the Direct payment method.

We have written this module but it is still in the testing phase but will hopefully be on connect shortly. Protx are generally very quick at allocating your account as long as you already have a merchant account with one of their banks. Take a look on their website. If you need a quick fix vsp form might be the best option where it is all handled off site.

Hope this is of some help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

Cheers for your help guys,

I don’t think they have a merchant account with their bank unfortunately, do you know how long this took with your banks? I will get them to ask their bank.

Nice one

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren Grant

Total Posts:  84

Arrgh, nightmare !

Are you saying that Magento/Google chekout doesn’t work with Maestro cards ?
I was just about to start taking another look at magento after abandoning previous attempts concluding it wasn’t yet ready for UK users. I was hoping that things had been resolved but it sounds like, despite some progress there is still a little way to go.

We use Protx as our gateway provider and setting up a merchant account with a bank varies enormously. Some take ages wanting full accounts and sales projections etc. We found NatWest Streamline to be the worst time wasters so ended up going with Barclays.

I’d be most interested in your Protx VSP Server module Idea21 as it sounds like it could fill a big gap of how to receive payments with magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

Google checkout will work with Maestro, I haven’t had any problems with that. I just heard of maestro issues with other payment systems. Our issue with google checkout was that most people gave up before checking out because of it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community