Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Ok SERIOUSLY!! 

inspiredbackpacker

Total Posts:  47

Somebody has to know where this is and how to edit it.

I NEEEEED the file for the “My Account” section of the site. It contains the dashboard and several left sided callouts but I have NO idea where the layout .phtml file for this is. I have even begun searching the core code. Someone MUST know. Please help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

anthonyfojas

Total Posts:  33

app/code/core/mage/customer has all the class files

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer has all the template files The dashboard is actually app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer/account/dashboard.phtml.

The layout xml file is /app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/customer.xml.  If you search for customer_account_index, all the stuff inside of there controls the content in the dashboard.

customer_account_index tells you where the controller for the page is located (if you know about zend’s front controller, finding things becomes easier) and if you replace the underscores with slashes, you get the URL for the page.  The controller is at app/code/core/mage/customer/controllers/AccountController.php in the indexAction function.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Turn on template path hints in your admin section.

Admin > System > Configuration > Change Store Scope to Main Website > Developer tab > Debug tab (has template path hints option)

Then check out what changes in the front end. Go to the “my account” area and see what template file are being used.

Magento Community
Magento Community

inspiredbackpacker

Total Posts:  47

Oh… MY.... USER…

Why have I not known of this before. With this you could completely change the way magento looks and feels in a matter of a day. I am soo sad right now. and yet so happy. If I was savy enough to make a crying smiley face I would.

THANK YOU

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community