Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

can magento admin be used to email an order to suppliers? 

jelve

Total Posts:  2

hi

all the products we sell are manufactured to order, can magento admin be used to email an order to our suppliers?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

Hi, I guess this would be the ultimate extra as one wouldn’t lift a finger to process an order on products that you really dont stock wink Any reason why you cant email your orders to suppliers yourself? Would keep you in touch with what you’re selling. I think this is the drop shipping zone (or I maybe wrong) I have had many resellers in the past and made it a condition that they manually send each order ( just keeps us all in touch)

To answer your question, I haven’t come across anything like what youre asking in Magento, Yet, but im sure someone with Yoda like codeing skills will answer your dreams.

I really think that , unless your orders are in the hundreds per day, that contacting, manually sending on your order (modified ) really shouldnt be a huge headache for you at the moment. Just get magento taking orders and processing payments should be a challenge enough.

Good luck

PS the simplicity of a phone call sometimes works with suppliers too (if you can) you can then have that trusted relationship with them. You may even risk stocking a small amount yourself .

No malice intended.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jelve

Total Posts:  2

hi thanks for your reply, i’m not being lazy, we just can’t sell from stock....

a customer order may require upto 5 purchase orders to be sent out different manufacturers so this can prove to be time consuming in terms of admin, plus most of the furniture we sell is cumbersome and has a high item value so keeping stock isn’t suitable for a large catalogue.

also not really a drop ship model as the products come into a distrobution center before being sent out to the customer.

regarding the purchase orders i wasn’t thinking this would be automated but having a purchasing control element would also help monitor and allocate stock for back ordering on more conventional stores

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

I understand… more clearly. My apologise for presuming. Take a look at V-Tiger… I saw it months ago in Magento blog and had a look at it. Its open source ...May help.
Link below:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/use_magento_connect_to_export_products_to_vtiger
Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community