Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to logon

Xiano

Total Posts:  25

I have been able to use the system fine up til now, installed ok etc.

However, I got a call today from the guy who was meant to be adding products saying he couldn’t log on any more, he wondered if he’d forgotten his password so tried resetting it to no avail.
He’d phoned me to ask me to log on and change it for him, but I then discovered i couldn’t log on either.
If I put in the wrong password i get Access denied as expected, but if I put in the correct password it just rolls back to the login screen with no error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAction

Total Posts:  89
France

I think a mistake has been made in the PHP my ADMIN when adding product so the admin is not anymore available. You need to check your My SQL

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiano

What exactly do I need to check?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiano

Has any one else got any ideas on this one?  I’ve been working through checking the SQL database with litews, but so far we haven’t found anything.  The database looks ok to me.

Its almost as if upon successful authentication, it forwards the user onto the logon screen again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

databyss

Total Posts:  3

I have the same issue.

I installed magento yesterday to play around with, and today I can’t login to the admin section.

I know the password is correct.  If i put in bad information, I get an error.  If it’s good information, it just reloads the login screen.

The only things I’ve done is a product export.  I haven’t made any changes to the database or any of the files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

databyss

I’ve checked the database, and I’m still listed in the admin_user table and I’m still listed as an active user.

When I put in the proper information the lognum field increments, so it seems to be counted as a successful login.

I’m just not redirected to the dashboard.

If i put in the url for the dashboard, it redirects me back to the admin login. 

I haven’t removed sessions or anything on my browser.  I’ve tested it on 3 different browsers with all similar results.

I’ve also cleared out the extra field in the admin_user with no useful results.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiano

I still have the issue.  I’ve just done a fresh install and I’m still having the issue!  This is getting serious, can any one help?  Is this the correct forum.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiano

Small update, when opening the page in Firefox 3 you can log on ok, no other browser we have tried appears to work.

Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Update your system time to the latest current time and this should fix it.
You’d likely need to have your system administrator perform this for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

databyss

I wiped my system last night and did a new install.

Fixed my problem.

I made a backup of the fresh db and install, so next time magento gives up, I can restart much faster.

That’ll be fun when I get into production.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tperkins

Total Posts:  10

Having the same exact issue. It worked fine for a week, and now when I log in, the login page just refreshes and adds “?ft” on the end of the URL. There is no error messages saying “Access Denied.”, it is the correct login. This site was basically live. Getting a little afraid here. The only way I was able to fix this was before was a complete reinstall.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

tperkins - 15 September 2008 06:41 AM

Having the same exact issue. It worked fine for a week, and now when I log in, the login page just refreshes and adds “?ft” on the end of the URL. There is no error messages saying “Access Denied.”, it is the correct login. This site was basically live. Getting a little afraid here. The only way I was able to fix this was before was a complete reinstall.

My guess is all of you have sessions being handled by the database instead of the filesystem, the ?ft thing was the tipoff. Here’s the fix, which doesn’t require a complete reinstall:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8788/P15/#t47950

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community