Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error: Method Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Type::__toString() must not throw an exception

ANoel

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

I just got this message :

Fatal error: Method Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Type::__toString() must not throw an exception in C:\xampp\htdocs\Magento\lib\Varien\Object.php on line 482

Does anyone know something about that error ?
I didn’t do anything since friday afternoon and everything was going fine on friday. I got this message when I’m consulting a product (anyone of those of my DB)

Can someone help ?
Thank’s a lot !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Lake City, FL

Can you provide any more context? 

What version of Magento?
What version of PHP?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANoel

I’m using Xampp (1.6.7) on windows XP, with PHP 5.2.6, Mysql 5.0.51b and the lastest version of Magento (1.1.4)

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Lake City, FL

That’s a strange one.  Looking at the code you shouldn’t be able to get an Exception at that point.

Without more detail it’s hard to tell exactly what could be causing the problem.

What URL are you using to get the error?

I don’t suppose you have a stack trace since it is a fatal error, do you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANoel

I’m in the backend and I want to modify a product for example : *** magento/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/168/

I have this error since this morning, but nothing on friday. It’s installed only on my PC and I left my PC locked for the weekend. I don’t have any trace, I don’t have any idea because I didn’t change anything in the DB or in the code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Lake City, FL

I cannot find it.  I’ll look a bit more tonight if you haven’t found a solution by then.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANoel

I re installed the Magento version that I’m using… It’s ok now !

Thanks for help !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community