Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

adding a fee and shipping handling

RTellez06

Total Posts:  30

Hey guys, I need help smile In California, there is a recycling fee that MUST be charged which is $10. I would have covered it myself, but unfortunatly due to state regulations, we MUST charge it and show it on the invoice. How can I add this as a fee? Where if they buy a tv for example, they pay $8 extra, but at checkout it shows it as a California State Recyling Fee?

Also, I want to add a handling charge of $30 per large tv, but only the tvs. I know you can add a handling fee on shipping methods, but my problem is I need ot charge an extra $30 per large tv, and only tvs. There would be no point in charging a $30 handling fee for an HDMI cable, but only the tv. Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks,
Randy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RTellez06

Total Posts:  30

Anybody please help, this is very important :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

I also would like to know if this functionality is native ( dont think it is ) and if not we should request this feature

Magento Community
Magento Community

oxygen

Total Posts:  69

I wish I could have shipping method (incl. tax, handling fee etc) on per product basis.

It would be nice if I could assign Free Shipping for Product A, Flat Rate for Product B while Table Rates for Product C.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think it is possible with Magento at this moment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

I’m going to follow up with this and say yes, it is definitely needed. I needed this feature for an OS Commerce site I did and it about drove me crazy, and not many shopping cart systems offer this feature. If Magento could add it to the core, they’d be way ahead of a lot of their competition.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community