it should be nothing complicated needed here:
we want customers have new fields - we found out how to get varchar fields work -> they will view in frontend and backend but if we add a field type text -> textarea
$customer->getAttributes() will not retrieve this new field in attributes :\ whats wrong with texts?also integer was a bit wrong / is_active as value of the core dataset could not be altered without much codechanges…
here in short how we add a new field:
* alter table eav_attribute
o search for some other attributes with entity_type_id = 1
o copy one of these lines and alter the name and the things you want “new”
* add a Mage_Customer_Model_Entity_Customer_Attribute_… class like described in backend_model in your new datarow
* Mage_Customer_Model_Entity_Setup altering (function getDefaultEntities -> alter the long array with your new field)
* Mage_Customer_Model_Mysql4_Customer - _prepareSaveData() - add $data[’yourfield’] = ... like the others
* alter Html Templates: customer/form/edit.phtml and customer/form/register.phtml
what at least to do to get a textarea also appear in the admin customer backend?
thx for advises.