Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I have noticed it does not import more than 50 products

HOCT

Total Posts:  3

I tried to import a files multiple times, i got following error. It shows processed 0%.
I noticed it does import 50 products out of 2000 only. I make multiple files, but i only import 50.

It gives following error also while importing

Starting profile execution, please wait…
Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data
Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
Found 84 rows
Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>Error Submission Form</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <meta name="description" content=""/> <meta name="keywords" content=""/> <meta name="robots" content="*"/> <link rel="icon" href="skin/default/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/> <link rel="shortcut icon” href="skin/default/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/> <!--[if IE]> <style type="text/css"> .head, .page-head, .page-head-alt, .header-top-container, .header-top, .header-nav-container, .header-nav, #nav, #nav li, #nav a, .middle, .button-set, .form-list li, .button-container, .group-select li, .listing-type-list .listing-item, .listing-type-list .product-info .product-reviews { zoom:1; } .clear { display:block; clear:both; height:0; font-size:0; line-height:0; } .quick-access li { padding-right:4px; padding-left:6px;} .home-spot { display:inline; } .header-top-container { position:relative; } #nav ul li.parent { margin-bottom:-3px;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if lt IE 7]> <style text="text/css"> h1#logo { display:inline; } #nav li.parent { margin-bottom:-3px; } .group-select .legend { position:relative; zoom:1; } /* Min-height for IE */ .login-box .content { height:180px; } .content-box { height:250px; } #main { height:400px; } .validation-advice { height:15px; } .error-msg, .success-msg, .note-msg { height:23px; } .base-mini .head h4, .shopping-cart-collaterals h4 { height:16px; } </style> <![endif]--> <style type="text/css"> body { -x-system-font:none; background:#496778 url(skin/default/images/body_bg.gif) repeat-y scroll 50% 0pt; color:#2F2F2F; font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12px; font-size-adjust:none; font-stretch:normal; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.55em; text-align:center; } * { margin:0pt; padding:0pt; } .header { border-top:5px solid #0D2131; text-align:left; z-index:999; } .header-top-container { background:transparent url(skin/default/images/header_top_container_bg.jpg) repeat-x scroll 50% 0pt; border-bottom:1px solid #415966; } .header-top { padding:10px; margin:0pt auto; position:relative; width:930px; } h1#logo { float:left; margin:3px 0pt 10px 12px; width:202px; } h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .head { color:#0A263C; line-height:1.3em; margin-bottom:0.4em; } a { color:#1E7EC8; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border:0pt none; } .middle-container { background:#FBFAF6 url(skin/default/images/main_container_bg.gif) no-repeat scroll 50% 0pt; } .middle { background:#FFFFFE url(skin/default/images/main_bg.gif) no-repeat scroll 0% 0%; padding:25px 25px 80px; margin:0pt auto; min-height:400px; position:relative; text-align:left; width:900px; } .col-1-layout .col-main { float:none; margin:0pt; } .col-main { float:left; } .page-head, .page-head-alt { text-align:right; } .page-head { border-bottom:1px solid #CCCCCC; margin:0pt 0pt 25px; } .page-head h3, .page-head-alt h3 { font-size:1.7em !important; font-weight:normal !important; margin:0pt; text-align:left; text-transform:none !important; } form { display:inline; } .group-select { background:#FBFAF6 none repeat scroll 0% 0%; border:1px solid #BBAFA0; margin:28px 0pt; padding:22px 25px 12px; } fieldset { border:medium none; } input, select, button { vertical-align:middle; } .group-select .legend { background:#F9F3E3 none repeat scroll 0% 0%; border:1px solid #F19900; color:#E76200; float:left; font-size:1.1em; font-weight:bold; margin-top:-33px; padding:0pt 8px; } .group-select li { padding:4px 8px !important; } li { list-style-image:none; list-style-position:outside; list-style-type:none; } .group-select li .input-box { float:left; width:275px; } .group-select label, .form-list label, .payment-methods label { font-weight:bold; } label { color:#666666; font-weight:bold; } .required { color:#EB340A; } .group-select li .input-box .input-text, .group-select li .input-box textarea { width:250px; } input.input-text, textarea { padding:2px; } input.input-text, select, textarea { -x-system-font:none; border:1px solid #B6B6B6; font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12px; font-size-adjust:none; font-stretch:normal; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-

I delete the error b/c of limitation

Consulting Inc.</p> </div> </div> <!-- [end] footer --> </body> </html>
Processed 0% 0/84 records
Imported 0 records
Finished profile execution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Looks like a HTML page for “Error Submission Form”.  Maybe that ‘s where you are supposed to report the bug you’ve got.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dexterslab

Total Posts:  4
London

Have you checked ‘Number of records’ field in the profile wizard? It defaults to 50 and you’ll need to change it to 2000 for it to import the rest of the items.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cclohman

Total Posts:  82
Los Angeles

I find that the number of records field in the dataflow profile doesn’t affect how many it will import.  I was having similar issues importing large batch files (like 6000 products).  The import would start to run and then it would hang or produce a mysterious error that wouldn’t display on the screen, it would only highlight the row red.  Then I raised the PHP config values max_execution_time to 300 (from 30) and memory_limit to 128 M (from 8M) and my large imports worked without issue.  Use phpinfo() to find out what your current values are.  Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

Yes, to fix/speed up imports you need to check into memory_limit and max_execution_time.

Also: Number of Records field = the number of rows that the importer will process during each AJAX cycle.  It seems that the AJAX of the script saves the objects that have been created after several seconds, and I believe the number of products has something to do with this field.  Getting this set to the correct value based on your allowable memory_limit will make your import run smoothly every time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

frostbytes

Total Posts:  114
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hi Blueben,

blueben - 13 February 2009 11:03 AM

Yes, to fix/speed up imports you need to check into memory_limit and max_execution_time.

Also: Number of Records field = the number of rows that the importer will process during each AJAX cycle.  It seems that the AJAX of the script saves the objects that have been created after several seconds, and I believe the number of products has something to do with this field.  Getting this set to the correct value based on your allowable memory_limit will make your import run smoothly every time.

How do you determine what the correct value is based on your allowable memory_limit?

My CSV imports are working just fine, but now that the database contains a few thousand products, there’s a huge delay between when the profile finishes running and when “profile execution finished” message appears.  That delay wasn’t there at the start.  Any ideas why that delay is there?  Is it rebuilding indices or something?

[L]

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

I’ve noticed the delay as well, and I have not had a chance t look into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

frostbytes

Total Posts:  114
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

It’s not an insignificant delay when you import products by some factor (in my case by manufacturer).  Importing 27 products just now took about 30 seconds, but I’ve been waiting several minutes for the “finished” message to appear.  Until it does (or I close that FF tab—which the window warns not to do), I can’t start another import profile.

If you do look at the delay and find some way to speed it up, I’d appreciate a reply here.

Thanks.

[L]

Magento Community
Magento Community

CityMonster

Total Posts:  2

Does anyone know where the path to PHP config is? So I can raise the values max_execution_time. I’m having problems importing my products by csv. It times out at 30 sec. I need to increase it to 300 and memory to 128.

I just need the path to this file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mott

Total Posts:  47
Los Angeles, CA

I thought the php config was in the .htaccess file, which should be in the Magento root.
I have the same problem when I run the import from home, but on my office computer I can import over 2000 products with images with no issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pan63

Total Posts:  7

(csv-import has a) huge delay between when the profile finishes running and when “profile execution finished” message appears

Did you define some of the following attribute by yourself: meta_title, meta_keywords and meta_description?

Here my workflow and observations:
First I’ve imported more than 10000 products without meta-attributes set by myself without any markable delay (ok, every single import took some seconds to finish, but nothing to worry about).Due to some missing but important attributes I decided to remove and import all the products again from scratch, now with meta attributes. This time every single import took more and more time to finish, from some minutes at product 1000 to half an hour around product 6000. The CPU was pretty busy at this time with heavy load from Apache (Magento) and MySQL. So I logged the database and got an amount of 400MB of log data within 15mins with lots of (bogus?) query requests (same request multiple times in a row).This is a quite strange behavior just for hand made meta attribute handling.

I use magento 1.3.0 with ubuntu.The max_execution_time of PHP is set to 3000 sec and memory_limit = 512M

@CityMonster: in ubuntu f.e. you can find the file to set the php-limits in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community