Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to create this kind of Product Between Bundled and Configurable? 

talofo

Total Posts:  35

I’d like to have a Simple Product that the user is able to Configure some parts of it. (I know, we have a product type called “Configurable Product").

However, the configuration must be done by selecting other simple products. (I know that for this we have the “Bundle Product” option).

However, smile neither I do intend to add new products to the Bundle (just need to change the main configuration options) nor I need to create a all new product (like the example Magento Give on cast with “my computer").
What kind of product should we use in this kind of scenario, where we have a main product and we only want to change some parts of it by choosing to change other simple products.

i.e. We have a computer and the user is only able to change the disk and memory, not the graphic card nor the processor.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community