Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change the Image when I change an attribute on product selection , Configurable product

paulmorrison

Total Posts:  11

I have many products that have a different image depending on the attribute color.
How do I make the relevant image (of the simple product) appear on selection of that color attribute in its dropdown when I view the configurable product in the catalog.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jcalais

Total Posts:  10

up…

This question is really relevant… and it should be extended to all the fields of the product set linked to the product…

I’ve posted many messages about this point

Magento Community
Magento Community

seanberry

Total Posts:  14

I started to work on this myself and got it working… though not exactly as I wanted.  For now it requires manual uploads of images with a set naming convention.  But as I change the attributes of the configurable product with the drop downs it updates the image if there is one matching the based on the specs.  It is a bit of a hack job… and not at all maintainable with newer versions of Magento that will be coming.

I am sure this is something that will be worked on later rather than sooner as there are far more pressing issues to deal with.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

This option is not available now
On the configurable product page, you see images and information that was entered for that product and not for the simple product that it is constructed from

Magento Community
Magento Community

jcalais

Sure it’s not possible now but it is very important… It was one of the first thing we changed on OsCommerce to match our customers’ needs. And it was made possible with Virtuemart.

I do really expect magento to be able to do it in the near future (like for the first production release)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

It is a really good point
I will pass this to our product team, and hope to see it in the future release or gets contributed by the community

Magento Community
Magento Community

jcalais

Great. Thanks a lot.

I am in the process of evaluating magento. I’ll try to bring as much feature request as possible to make this very promising development the best on Ecommerce solution market.

Keep us informed on the decision that was taken by your teams on this point.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iguru
Guru

Total Posts:  331
Děčín, Czech Republic

Now we have a version 0.9.17740 this feature not implemented. Is it possible in version 1.0?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community