Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I switch to using the standard checkout instead of the onepage? 

Sam Boson

Total Posts:  24

Any ideas, I had a look at and a play with the Checkout config.xml file but I couldn’t see anything obvious in there.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Sam,

There’s no easy way nor configuration option for it at this time. Though you can try to play with app\code\core\Mage\Checkout\Helper\Url.php and controllers under app\code\core\Mage\Checkout\controllers\ directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Boson

I’ve been looking into this and I have managed to switch over, to achieve this I have copied the Mage_Checkout_Block_Onepage_Link class file into a freshly created app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Standard folder, I then amended the file changing the class name and amending the getURL statement from checkout/onepage to checkout/standard.

I then amended app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/main.xml by changing the following code:

<block
    type
="core/text_list"

name="checkout.cart.methods"

as="methods">
        <
block
            type
="checkout/[i]standard[/i]_link"

name="checkout.cart.methods.[i]standard[/i]"/>
        <
block
            type
="checkout/multishipping_link"

name="checkout.cart.methods.multishipping"/>
</
block>

N.B. our installation only uses the Basket link to get to the checkout so I am sure there are other places this would need amending if other links are being used but maybe this will help get you started there too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Oh… my fault. I thought you were talking about swithching to multishipping checkout.

We don’t have the standard checkout at this time. There are only single-page and multiple-addressess checkouts.

We are going to include standard checkout in one of the next releases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Boson

Ah, well some of the code is in there but it’s quite buggy, I’m having real difficulty get the shipping page to work I’m getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function append() on a non-object in \sitepath\app\code\core\Mage\Checkout\controllers\StandardController.php on line 58

It seems to not be able to locate the ‘content’ block and I’m obviously not defining the block correctly in the XML.

Thanks for any help,

Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community