Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After reinstall my backup of products not showing up with new app\etc\local.xml

aronnjoy

Total Posts:  3
Lynnwood, WA

Hello my fellow Magento users,

I really need some help because the alternative is starting over and I really don’t want to do that.

Heres my problem:

I change the admin base url in the backend and after that I was not able to access my admin, however my home page and

all products worked fine.  So I ended up having to reinstall magento and with the fresh install I loaded my backup

files; (media, skin, and app) via FTP.  Well, everything loaded fine and I was able to access the admin, except all of

my work with home page, about page and all products were not showing up on the frontend.

Here is where it gets frustrating.  If I replace the old (app\etc\local.xml), then my front end works fine with all of

my pages and products, but my admin (backend) login doesn’t work. 

Now if I put back the new (app\etc\local.xml), then my admin (backend) login works fine, except my frontend pages and

products are not showing up.

I think I narrowed it down to:

<username><![CDATA[xxxx_01]]></username>
<password><![CDATA[xxxxxx]]></password>
<dbname><![CDATA[xxxx_01]]></dbname>

and the other (app\etc\local.xml) will show:

<username><![CDATA[xxxx_02]]></username>
<password><![CDATA[xxxxxx]]></password>
<dbname><![CDATA[xxxx_02]]></dbname>

Now I think what is happening here is that if products and pages are listed under (x xxx_01) and I’m using the other one

(xxxx_02), then system is being told to look for the wrong database?

Can anyone tell me where I can find the data files that I need to change in order to make the products and pages show

up?

I guess what I need to know is what file or files need to be change from (xxxx_01) to (xxxx_02) so it will read under

the new (app\etc\local.xml).

Thank you,
Aron

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Skhilled

Total Posts:  5

I’m not sure about this but did you create a new db with the same db name, db username, and password? If so, it should work. If you’ve changed something then it won’t. Also if you’ve made a new install you should have used the old encryption key during install. Otherwise, you’ll probably have to change it in that .xml file as well.

I’m just guessing here but have not tested it. I’m actually, going to try the same and will let you know how it turns out. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skhilled

Total Posts:  5

EDIT: wrong...brb.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community