Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Social Bookmarking Services

keith25108332

Total Posts:  8

Im trying to get Magento Social Bookmarking Services extension showing on my magento site but dont understand the instructions for install.
Ive installed it via magento connect and the following instructions i fai to see where and how i can do them

* Insert block in CMS page :
{{block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"}}

* Insert block in layout XML :
<block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" name="bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml" />

Please help !!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kjscott00

Total Posts:  52

Using the following link as a reference I was able to install this and get it to work.
http://www.magentix.fr/modules-magento/partage-pages-e-commerce-reseaux-sociaux.html

1) This will add it to your layout.
go into app/design/frontend/{interface}/{theme}/layout/catalog.xml

add this: 

<block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" name="bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"/>

after this: 

<catalog_product_view>
      <!-- ... -->
      <
reference name="content">
            <
block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.info" template="catalog/product/view.phtml">
            <!-- ... -->

2) This will add it to your Product View.
go into app/design/frontend/{interface}/{theme}/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

add this where you would like it to show on your product view page: 

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('bookmarks'?>

I placed mine just after this for it to show right above the Add to Cart (Modern Theme)

<?php echo $this->getTierPriceHtml() ?>

3) You can add this code for it to be viewed on any cms pages, for example the home page

{{block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"}}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jose Delgado

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
I’ve been following your instructions to set this up in my Magento v1.4 bu I can’t see the icons displayed below “Add to Cart”.
I’m not sure to understand what you mean by: <!-- ... -->
Where exactly do I have to paste the new block code?
Before or after the </reference>?

We’re using the default “out of the box” configuration and templates.
You can visit our page here: http://dominointernet.com/_magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

ciahend

Total Posts:  28

I too followed the steps above and I am not seeing the icons.  Any tips or hints on what to do next.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ciahend

Total Posts:  28

Still hoping to get some assistance on this module, i followed the steps above and nothing is showing on my pages

Magento Community
Magento Community

iulian05

Total Posts:  20
Bucharest

kjscott00 - 16 March 2010 11:07 AM

Using the following link as a reference I was able to install this and get it to work.
http://www.magentix.fr/modules-magento/partage-pages-e-commerce-reseaux-sociaux.html

add this: 

<block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" name="bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"/>

after this: 
<catalog_product_view>
      <!-- ... -->
      <
reference name="content">
            <
block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.info" template="catalog/product/view.phtml">
            <!-- ... -->

go into app/design/frontend/{interface}/{theme}/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('bookmarks'?>

I placed mine just after this for it to show right above the Add to Cart (Modern Theme)
<?php echo $this->getTierPriceHtml() ?>

3) You can add this code for it to be viewed on any cms pages, for example the home page
{{block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"}}

thk a lot, works great for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

Kjscott00 - 16 March 2010 12:07 PM

add this: 
<block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" name="bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"/>

after this: 
<catalog_product_view>
<!-- ... -->
<reference name="content">
<block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.info" template="catalog/product/view.phtml">
<!-- ... -->
<block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" name="bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"/>
<!-- ... -->

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('bookmarks') ?>

{{block type="socialbookmarking/bookmarks" template="bookmarks/bookmarks.phtml"}}

Its works !

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

jrickard

Total Posts:  3

for info on missing icons see this thread

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/207132/

j

Magento Community