Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Do I Merge The Show Items & Sort By Fields Into 1 Bar Instead Of 2? 

hallowed

Total Posts:  21

I was wondering how I would go about merging the Show X amount of items per page and the Sort By fields into a single bar instead of the default 2.

I can’t find the coding where they are both being called to merge them. I have looked around and even tried my own coding but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

inspiredbackpacker

Total Posts:  47

You need to mess with this file “app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml”

read some of my threads to get a better feel for it

Magento Community
Magento Community

hallowed

Total Posts:  21

inspiredbackpacker - 06 September 2008 09:39 AM

You need to mess with this file “app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml”

read some of my threads to get a better feel for it

You were wrong on the exacting location but you did get me close to the actual changes.  I actually had to change the toolbar.phtml and the boxes.css to get the effect desired. 

Thanks for the tip.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community