Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Purchase Order No Autogeneration

curiousEngine

Total Posts:  12
Mauritius

During the Check-out process, Payment Information
Why is it so that the user has to enter the Purchase Order Number
since it is automatically generated after that the Order has been placed.

in the one-page checkout, would not it be nice if instead of a text box, there would have been a label with the generated purchase order no and a sign indicating:
This is your generated PO number, please keep it safe for reference (or when the delivery guys will be knocking at the door, they will confirm the PO order with this generated number)

Why is there a required text field in the before last process of check in the Purchase order method of payment.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

An order number or invoice number is not the same as a purchase order number. I think you have them confused.

For example I am a customer of your shop, I represent company ABC. We need to buy some ink cartridges from your shop. In our accounting system we create Purchase Order number to use in this order. Our PO number is 12345. We now go to your ink shop and place an order. Your system create Order Number 10000011 and we enter our PO number 12345. Our accounts team can now reference this 12345 PO number so they know what it was for, whether it was authorized etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento_addict

Total Posts:  5

Hi!
How do I disable the text field for P.O. number?
I also see that it is a “required” field.

Magento Community
Magento Community

till

Total Posts:  58

magento_addict - 19 December 2008 12:19 AM

Hi!
How do I disable the text field for P.O. number?
I also see that it is a “required” field.

This should be fairly simple.

Go into the designated template, e.g.:
design/frontend/default/default/template/payment/form/purchaseorder.phtml

And removed the required class from the input field.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community