Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

still doesn’t work and where is this? 

Melinda

Total Posts:  49

Where is this extension listing in the magento folder?

PHP Extension “comment” must be loaded

I get this error when trying to install.  The php4 cgi-bin information is not helpful and doesn’t tell you where the cgi-bin is inside magento like it is posted. All I ever get no matter what path I try in the .htaccess file is a box that pops up and asks me if I want to save or open this blank file.

Do you really want a large chunk of the world to use magento?

If you make it impossible to install without jumping through hoops and don’t have the correct information up on your site and try to use something like php 5.2 only when the centos/php communities will not even put it on a product server because of incompatibility with other software then it seems this will not work for the majority of people.

Why do you even have wrong info on the cgi-bin install for php4 and 5.1.6 when it doesn’t work and it still doesn’t work from the very beginning back in August?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

I suggest you hire a professional. We’ve done our best to help you out.

Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

What’s the saying?  Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Melinda

Total Posts:  49

Typical ...

Funny I have a whole server full of ecommerce stores running and even running with safe_mode on which that was another error on your store before I even got to the errors posted.

Also funny how you will give an answer that is unhelpful and not really look at your own information to make sure it is correct. Are you still mad that I posted the problem on your wiki which you had enabled to post?

If it doesn’t work for someone then you should fix it but that’s not going to be done it seems.  You haven’t done your best to help...you just ignore problems and wrong information on your website and are not looking out for others that want to have a secure reliable server and follow centos, php, and the redhat communities.

Apparently your program is not for the world but only a select few edge users so good luck to you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Apparently so. Good luck and happy holidays.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community