Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Database BIG Sample please! 

ixoster

Total Posts:  51

hi, can any body post own magento database with many product, i want just test how work magento with big database?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi

i doubt someone will do this. everyone has there own varied setup with custom fields/attributes in magento. So any import you try and do will fail as you would be missing fields.

why dont you take the sample database, export out the customer & product tables to files and multiply the lines, adding new numbers for the primary fields..
Then re-import this

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

ixoster

brendanb - 05 September 2008 04:55 AM

hi

i doubt someone will do this. everyone has there own varied setup with custom fields/attributes in magento. So any import you try and do will fail as you would be missing fields.

why dont you take the sample database, export out the customer & product tables to files and multiply the lines, adding new numbers for the primary fields..
Then re-import this

brendan

dont need make export in magento, better just take phpmyadmin in export sql database, i can just import in phpmyadmin smile

about sample db multiply the lines, thanks i try smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ixoster

brendanb - 05 September 2008 04:55 AM

how i can do this, export all product in magento admin panel? or use phpmyadmin? i try to export with magento export, after open with exel and see big mess, can understand anything, can you help please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi,

dont do this via phpmyadmin, do this via the admin panel import/export options.

I would recommend against just duplicating the sql from phpmyadmin, as there are many configuration tables and attributes you could accidently duplicate.

Some of the main tables in magento are customer,product and pricing tables. Customer and product tables can be easily exported and re-imported so i would stick with these…

I dont understand what your problem is with opening the file in excel. Its in a csv format, so maybee your not opening the file correctly?. Ido recall reading some issues with opening files with excel. But i cannot recall where i saw these.

Also if you have open office, try opening the file with calc

hth
Brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

ixoster

Thanks mike, i try first with exel get mess, after try with calc and everything fine now, i import 5000product, but how add categorize, i want add 700 for check any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community