Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Remove mini cart from homepage sidebar

phillyj8

Total Posts:  27

I’m using a CMS page for my homepage.  I’m using the “2 columns with left bar” layout and the following Layout Update XML to insert my vertical navigation in the left column:

<reference name="left">
<
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.vertnav" template="catalog/navigation/vert_nav.phtml" />
</
reference>

All is well and good, except the mini cart is above my navigation and I don’t want it there.  I know I can go into checkout.xml and comment it out, but then it goes away everywhere, and I only want it gone on the homepage.

I’ve tried inserting this code various places, without any luck:

<reference name="left">
    <
remove name="cart_sidebar"/>
</
reference>

I feel like I’m on the right track, but can’t quite work out how to do this - any advice?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phillyj8

Total Posts:  27

Just figured this out.  For anyone else who might be trying to work out something similar, just added the following to my Layout XML:

<action method="unsetChild"><name>cart_sidebar</name></action>

Magento Community
Magento Community

bachisb

Total Posts:  1

Could you pls. tell me exactly in which file have you added this line? I’m facing at the moment the same problem, try to hide the shopping cart on the home page.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

5live

Total Posts:  28

for the home page you have to edit your “layout/cms.xml” file…

<cms_page>
        <
reference name="left">
            <
        </
reference>

<
reference name="content">
            <
block type="cms/page" name="cms_page"/>
        </
reference>
</
cms_page>

Magento Community
Magento Community

mischa_

Total Posts:  4

You can also change catalog.xml in the layout folder and place

<remove name="cart_sidebar"/>
in either right, left or both

<reference name="right">
        <
        <
block type="core/template" before="cart_sidebar" name="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml"/> -->
        <
block type="core/template" name="right.permanent.callout" template="callouts/right_col.phtml"/>  -->
   </
reference>

Cheers,
m i s c h a

Magento Community
Magento Community

fuchsbau

Total Posts:  23
Vienna, Austria

I am facing the same problem - removing the card only from home page (2 columm, left)

Dont really get where to place

<remove name=\"cart_sidebar\"/>
in my on my Layout Update XML on home page.

Currently it looks like this:

<reference name=\"header\">                 <block type=\"cms/block\" name=\"home_page_header_block\">                     <action method=\"setBlockId\"><block_id>home_page_header_block</block_id></action>                 </block> </reference> <reference name=\"footer\">                 <block type=\"cms/block\" name=\"home_page_footer_block\">                     <action method=\"setBlockId\"><block_id>home_page_footer_block</block_id></action>                 </block> </reference>  <reference name=\"head\">                 <action method=\"addItem\"><type>skin_css</type><name>css/slider.css</name><params/></action>             <action method=\"addItem\"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js</name></action>             <action method=\"addItem\"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/cycle-fade-effect.js</name></action>             <action method=\"addItem\"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/noconflict.js</name></action> </reference>

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community