Magento Forum

Problem with css

gercios

Total Posts:  5

Hi

On Home Page i have new products through this: {{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

I am trying to change styles of this new products. i look into new.phtml code, and saw, that styles are “recently box” etc

I opened boxes.css, found .recently h3 , changed color of this h3, and on home page nothing changed :/ cannot modify in any way the styles of new.phtml :/

Please, help me.... what am i doing wrong ? i am refreshing cache…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gercios

Total Posts:  5

Pls help me ... come on…

One more thing… i saw, that in internet expolorer changes work, but not in firefox or new google chrome…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk2dev

Total Posts:  42
Chicago, IL

in firefox, get the firebug extension and use the inspector in there to determine what CSS is controlling what you are seeing on your screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

in the boxes.css file did the .block-recent have a .sidebar tag behind it? If it did then that’s your problem. Because the New Products is not in the sidebar thus not having a .sidebar div surrounding that box the changes will not show. I recommend that you change the class name in the new.phtml to something like .content-new then add that class to the boxes.css and make the changes from there.

If this is not the case, give us your website URL and we can check it for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community