Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.
For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
stuck in step 2 on checkout, error msg that wasn’t displayed..
I’ve read on other topics about people being stuck on checkout.. i’ve tried their methods and they didn’t work..
so while i was looking at the page in firebug, i noticed something.. see image attached..
i think its related to the problem.. if not, does anybody know any other solutions to these problem..
I to ran into this problem when upgrading from 1.1.8 to 126.96.36.199. While not an expert in XML, I figured the problem was with improperly formatted XML data. Since the problem was occurring on the checkout page, I thought to look in the admin panel under shipping data.
System -> Configuration -> Shipping Methods
Under the USPS tab, I noticed that the User ID, which originally was just plain text and numbers, was garbled. Somewhere in the upgrade process, I’m guessing, the data in the database was altered on upgrade. I deleted these characters, saved the config file, and for good measure I cleared Magento’s cache. This solved the problem.
I hope this helpful to someone. I would like to know what caused the data corruption.