Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

stuck in step 2 on checkout, error msg that wasn’t displayed.. 

mrburns

Total Posts:  3

hello mages!

I’ve read on other topics about people being stuck on checkout..  i’ve tried their methods and they didn’t work..
so while i was looking at the page in firebug, i noticed something.. see image attached..
i think its related to the problem.. if not, does anybody know any other solutions to these problem..

thanks in advance..

magento rocks!!

Image Attachments
firebug1.jpgfirebug2.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrburns

Found the link to the error.. here is what it says..

WarningSimpleXMLElement::asXML() [simplexmlelement.asxml]string is not in UTF-8  in /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Fedex.php on line 389
Trace
:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'SimpleXMLElemen...', '/home/thermahu/...', 389, Array)
#1 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Fedex.php(389): SimpleXMLElement->asXML()
#2 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Fedex.php(134): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Fedex->_getXmlQuotes()
#3 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Fedex.php(49): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Fedex->_getQuotes()
#4 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(132): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Fedex->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#5 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(101): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectCarrierRates('fedex', Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#6 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(516): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#7 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php(132): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectShippingRates()
#8 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(569): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address_Total_Shipping->collect(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address))
#9 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(835): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectTotals()
#10 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(196): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->collectTotals()
#11 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(220): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveBilling(Array, false)
#12 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveBillingAction()
#13 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('saveBilling')
#14 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /home/thermahu/public_html/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /home/thermahu/public_html/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#17 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrburns

and also, im using magento 1.1.3 but the database im using is from a 1.1.2 installation that had no problems on checkout..

i just don’t want to enter the products and upload the images for the products plus the cms pages again..

could the database had to do with it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

swissters

Total Posts:  31

I wanted to bump this post.  I am having the same problem after transferring my site from 1and1 to host gator.  Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tamayo

Total Posts:  33

I to ran into this problem when upgrading from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0.1. While not an expert in XML, I figured the problem was with improperly formatted XML data. Since the problem was occurring on the checkout page, I thought to look in the admin panel under shipping data.

System -> Configuration -> Shipping Methods

Under the USPS tab, I noticed that the User ID, which originally was just plain text and numbers, was garbled. Somewhere in the upgrade process, I’m guessing, the data in the database was altered on upgrade. I deleted these characters, saved the config file, and for good measure I cleared Magento’s cache. This solved the problem.

I hope this helpful to someone. I would like to know what caused the data corruption.

Image Attachments
magento_shipping.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community