Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

caching main parts of code

papricek

Total Posts:  19

Hi, I have this issue:
I have changed in app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/main.xml character set from utf8 to utf-8, but my change doesnt have any effect. How can I reload it (not from cache) or simply how can I make it work with utf-8 and not utf8? It seems that the meta tags are loaded from cache, but I am not sure whether I’ve edited the right file…

Thanks a lot…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi papricek,
In order to refresh the cache you can go to admin System -> Cache management page.

Could you describe the problem you have in detail ? Frankly speaking I don’t understand exactly what are you trying to change.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

papricek

Problem is that in Czech cs_CZ translation everything is fine in firefox and opera, but IE needs in header in metatags have utf-8 instead of utf8 - I am trying to change this, but don’t know how, the change I did in app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/main.xml has no effect…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

What Magento version do you have ? I hope we’ve fixed utf8 <-> utf-8 everywhere in the last release.
Do you have a link to your Magento installation ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Total Posts:  81

I have a similiar problem,
To be able to use google web master you have to verify your site. To do that you need to copy the meta tag

<meta name="verify-v1" content="iz+Diw0f10VT9181yNgMV9TPTw=" />

and paste it in your site’s home page in the first <head> section of the page, before the first <body> section

I have changed the main.xml to incorporate the above meta name but nothing seems to show.

I have tried clearing the cashe.

Thanks

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

papricek

its http://www.fsas.cz

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

RH - 21 November 2007 06:40 AM

I have changed the main.xml to incorporate the above meta name but nothing seems to show.

Hi Rob,

Could you post here what did you try to change in the main.xml file ?

You can look through the files under app\design\frontend\default\default\template\page directory and look into app\code\core\Mage\Page\Block\Html\Head.php at method toHtml() to see how does it actually work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

papricek - 21 November 2007 06:46 AM

its http://www.fsas.cz

You are using an old version 0.6.13160 that doesn’t incorporate necessary utf fixes. Could you upgrade to the latest one ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community