Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I get URL Rewrites to work

Kerry Hatcher

Total Posts:  96
Macon, GA

If whenever you enable the URL Rewrites option in the config and none of the links work. Then you just need to rename the htaccess.sample.txt in the root of the site to .htaccess. It seems to only take out the index.php in the URL. For example: store/index.php/coveralls, then when you turn on URL rewriting you get store/coveralls.

I know that this should be very obvious, but it took a bit to figure this out.  I thought that the file would have been there by default. Should have checked that sooner.  So just in case there is someone else out there with the same issue, I’d thought I would post my fix.

Thanks,
Kerry Hatcher
Webmaster
ShuBee.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mischah

Total Posts:  33
Germany

Thanks man.

But, in my installation was no »htaccess.sample.txt«.
So it took some more time for me to enable URL Rewrites.

After browsing the search results for »htaccess.sample« for quite a while a finally found this posting:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/12734/
with the following links includes: svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.0-latest/.htaccess.sample - for version 1.0

theis one works for me.

I’m wondering that there is no info in the wiki or somewhere else for this behaviour.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community