Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Links appearing as IP addresses

Hodgejr

Total Posts:  12

I installed a Magento store under an ip address, as I had not yet pointed the domain to the website.  After a few days I changed the nameservers to point to the new magento store.  The main domain goes to the homepage correctly, but all links still use the IP address.

You can see this here:
http://www.emporioelite.com

I assumed this would be easily fixed under “Base URL” in admin, but to no avail.  I could re-install magento over again, but if there’s an easy fix I’d like to know.

Thanks.

ps. I had posted this under “Installation...” but from the low view count in that forum the question would go unanswered.  Sorry for the cross-post.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

did you hard code URLs into links rather than use $this->getUrl() or {{storeUrl}} ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@Hodgejr, looks like your issue is resolved now. Please confirm.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community