Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

This forum should now be closed

fizzer

Total Posts:  16

I think this forum should be closed as it has been taken over by spammers advertising drugs. several hundred postings in the last 2 days. Not what genuine people on here are wanting

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lesco

Total Posts:  26

Well, it’s clear that no-one’s moderating it, or the offending messages would have been removed by now. But closing it completely is a bit drastic. Admittedly, it’s a crap forum (I only seem to get about 1 in 5 questions answered), but until Magento provide a manual that’s a bit more in depth it’s the only resource we’ve got. I still find it moderately useful, even if I have to search 300 posts in the hope someone else had a similar problem.

I would actually like to see a proper support forum, staffed daily by people who knew Magento inside out, rather than leaving us all to support each other as best we can (the blind leading the blind?)

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevecgarry

Total Posts:  38
Co Meath Ireland

better late than never, the spam should reduce now with the introduction today of a captcha validation on posting of messages. Not so sure that support will improve as quickly, but if it doesn’t., Varien will live to regret it, the user community will not quickly forgive being ignored or forgotten about, and the recent 1.4 release is far from pain free.

Time will tell

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community