Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Voting system

inspiredbackpacker

Total Posts:  47

So I’m one day new to magento. I’m soo far impressed with the ease of customizing that I’m certain there must be a way to do this thing I’m going for. I have many questions, but i’ll stick this big one out there first and hold back on the crazy for now.

What I need on my site is a voting system. Basically two products are presented, each has a vote button below for logged in users. The user choses one and then cannot vote again.

Is there either an extension or method of producing this result on my site?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

misterMan

Total Posts:  57

Sounds like this will be a custom module/addition. I haven’t read about anything close to what you’re looking for.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

inspiredbackpacker

Total Posts:  47

That doesn’t exactly help. Well apart from that I know for a fact there are ways to do it with modules. I think however that it can also be done with a simple php form added in. Though as I am a designer by nature I have never had the patience to learn myself. Perhaps someone knows of an opensource javascript for this or something.

Update:

in fact here is a link I found after two seconds looking

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/HTML/phpoll.aspx

all I would need is to have the radio buttons be hidden. There must be a way to mod the poll module included in magento. There must be!! I know one of you out there has done it at some point.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community