Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple product deletes causes blank screen, then worse—erased entire database

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

If I am in admin, looking at list of products, and I select more than 6 product and then apply the action to DELETE those products, I am almost 100% of the time getting a blank screen (it is calling up a function labeled massdelete which I can see in the URL box of the browser).

If about a minute later I re-log in to my admin, I see a message that the 10 items were deleted, and all is well.  But it’s still a troubling route to have to go through.  That’s problem #1.

Problem #2 is the same as problem #1 except… the last time this happened, when I logged back in, about 6 hours worth of product entry were gone—my entire database was wiped clean by Magento—I have no products listed.

Stupid me, the last time I backed up was 12 hours ago—and I’ve successfully restored my database, but I did lose 12 hours worth of data entry.

Why are these things happening?!  I don’t want to find myself obsessively backing up the database every fifteen minutes.

And I don’t want to “live with” the screen going blank and having to re-log-in if I choose to delete more than 6 products at once.

HELP!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Were the products gone from the database or just not visible in the admin?
Did you have product links (related, cross sell, up sell, associated)?
Were you deleting simple products or other types?
Was everything using the same attribute set?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrgad

I want to say gone from database, but to be perfectly honest, after I’d logged in on a fresh browser (after restarting computer and clearing caches) to admin, and seen that still there were no products listed at all, I assumed they were gone from database, which seems reasonable.  I never manually went through the MySQL database and looked at the table—I simply replaced the database with a clean import of my most recent database backup.

ALL of the products I deleted were ASSOCIATED CONFIGURABLE products.  They were all associated to the same product.  They all used the same attribute set.

- M.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrgad

Problem solved—reason for error was Go Daddy’s database access.

Switching to Simple Helix solved the problem.  There is still a long lag if you try to delete, say, 40 products at once, but it doesn’t result in the same kind of destruction as before.  And deleting 6 items now is no problemat all.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community