Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modern Theme creates blank screen

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

I have successfully installed the Modern theme.  Not only did I receive confirmation, but if I set a certain product category to the Modern theme, the frontend appears perfectly (in Modern).  Also, if I design a CMS home page referencing Modern, the home page of the store appears in Modern theme.  So all CSS files, etc. seem to be in the right place.

The problem is that if I click the link, for example, “My Account” it appears in the default theme.

I assumed the obvious fix would be to go to System Configure and change the design for the entire website to Modern (it had been set to default).  So I entered the correct name for my modern theme in the package box and all the theme boxes.  I know I entered the path correctly, because if you type an invalid name or path to the theme, the configuration page will reject your attempted change.

However, when I do this, the entire store’s frontend goes blank—just a blank white screen.

I assumed this had to do with cache management—I emptied all caches and even tried disabling cache, but this did not fix the problem.

Clearly Modern installed properly and is compatible and working—I just can’t seem to apply the theme site-wide.

1) Any suggestions?
2) Also - what about workarounds so that I can make pages like My Account or My Wishlist be customizable to the Modern theme?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

edit: solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

till

Total Posts:  58

Would you be so kind to post how you solved it?

I just installed a new 1.1.6 shop and ran into the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community