Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Car Make, Model, Year

Paul W

Total Posts:  33
Dorst UK

Hi, I am trying to configure my first store and have been struggling with adding an option that the customer needs to select before purchasing a car product. I need them to select their car make,model and Year.  Once they select their car make it only shows cars manufactured by that company, they then select year of manufacture. This will allow my to make sure that we send them the correct part for the correct car and year. Also is there a way that I can upload the information from a spread sheet? I have a list of all the car manufacturers, models and years that I supply parts for. Thank you for your help grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

acematti

Total Posts:  6

Hi Paul this is very strange by the same coincidence I too also need to know how to do this. I have only just decided on using Magento though. If it can do this with relative ease then I will definitely use this. Im not scared to get my fingers into making a mod a plugin but being new to the system it would take me longer to do.

I will now have a look at the forums and see if I can find anything else. Please let me know if you find any information out and I will do like-wise for you.

Kindest regards

Matthew

Magento Community
Magento Community

acematti

Total Posts:  6

I have found this from a previous post using search but haven’t had chance to try it as I haven’t got the install going yet on the server.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5282/

Paul if you could confirm that it works I would be very greatful.

Have you found anything else out?

Kind regards

Matthew

Magento Community
Magento Community

chanchel

Total Posts:  43

We are experiencing the same problem.  I thought about setting up multiple attributes but this won’t work when years cross manufacturers.  Would love to see if someone has a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Paul W - 01 September 2008 04:26 AM

Hi, I am trying to configure my first store and have been struggling with adding an option that the customer needs to select before purchasing a car product. I need them to select their car make,model and Year.  Once they select their car make it only shows cars manufactured by that company, they then select year of manufacture. This will allow my to make sure that we send them the correct part for the correct car and year. Also is there a way that I can upload the information from a spread sheet? I have a list of all the car manufacturers, models and years that I supply parts for. Thank you for your help grin

Hello Paul,

you can also try this extension: http://amasty.com/product-parts-finder.html. It will help your customers easily select year-make-model of their car.

- Year-make-model and analogous product filters
- Display product finders at home page and category pages
- Add unlimited number of product finders
- Create filters with unlimited number of selection options
- Optimized for large volumes of data

Image Attachments
magento-car-parts-finder.pngmagento-products-finder-year-make-model.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty89

Total Posts:  48

Hello,

Have a look this thread for help http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/16493/

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community