Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicate Simple Product for Configurable Product Bug

ZuckaS

Total Posts:  37

We are able to use the duplicate product functionality to duplicate a simple product, and later add assign it to a configurable product. That part works OK. The different product sizes show up in the catalog OK, too. BTW, we are adding T-Shirts with different sizes.

So, the problem is when we try to add the products we tried to duplicate to the shopping cart. When we try to add them we get “The product out of stock” error message. This happens no matter what the qty of the simple product is.

Everything works fine if we manually add additional simple products to the configurable product with different sizes. Also, the original simple product always works fine.

The duplicate product functionality is very useful for us, because it safes a lot of time when creating a lot of products manually.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Z

P.S. This was harder to explain than I thought… I hope you understand the problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

What is the status of the new duplicated product in the store you are viewing the product?

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Could you please PM me with temporary access to your stores admin so that I can look into it.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZuckaS

Thanks, I just PMed you. BTW, please feel free to create a new products in or order to test this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZuckaS

Yoav had a solution for us. Thanks for kicking butt on this one:

<quote>
Hi,

As you can see in the attached file the status in the English store is disabled and therefor the product does not show. Please keep in mind that the status of a product is a local attribute to be able to control product status per store.

So if you change the status the product should be visible.

thanks

yoav
</quote>

Make sure to drop the dropdown where it says Default Values and select your store. Also, make sure the store is selected under stores.

Thank you, we can breathe a lot easier now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LorenzoG

Total Posts:  36

We had exactly the same problem and I thought the whole time it was a bug. I have looked through all settings when I had selected “default values” and didn’t realize that I had to look in the specific store.

I now realize how everything is connected. However, I agree with Daniel, here you can find some space for usability improvements, else this issue will be recurrent support question from the users.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

We are aware of this usability issue and have plans to change this by moving the store selector outside of the modules and somewhere in the header area. This way a user can select what store they are working on once and then be able to see relevant data (orders, catalog, etc...) for the selected store.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmayer

Total Posts:  21

This is requiring us to open each product and set the status again for the store. 

Ahh, Can you provide some mysql code that will allow me to set the status of enabled to all products for a particular store so that we don’t have to update each product manually.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community