Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout Custom Fields

MartinaL

Total Posts:  82

I am not sure if this has already been requested, and i know there are alot of posts (although mostly unsuccessful) about how to hack this, but my request would be;

1. Backend functionality to allow the addition of custom fields to check out, such as delivery date, delivery time, driver tips (which add to cost) etc

Surely there is need for other custom fields as well so if we had the functionality to setup custom fields in checkout, similar to product attributes so that so many hacks don’t need to be made to the code, that would be fantastic!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

Has anyone sucessfully achieved this even by hacking? A simple explanation would be amazing!

Joe

Magento Community
Magento Community

imagize

Total Posts:  11

This is my most desired feature in magento, the ability to add custom fields like delivery date etc would just be so helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ionous studio

Total Posts:  5

This is the third thread I’ve tracked for this feature. Has anyone found a solution? Please share.

I’m also looking for a solution or workaround to do this and I’m using version 1.1.6

Initial look at some points where developers can possibly hook support for this is by looking at the code of the “Manage Checkout Terms and Conditions.” This portion provides Magento with different “Terms and Conditions” based on the Store View the user/customer is checking out the products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moose

Total Posts:  9

Any solutions to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Our Checkout Fields Manager extension should help with this. It enables you to add custom checkout fields and get more info from your customers (without price modification). It allows you to add fields of different types to virtually any checkout step. Feel free to see more details at Magento Connect:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1037/checkout-fields-manager

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

This feature should be built-in on Magento. I don’t say that Magento should have the flexibility AITOC Plugin has, but it should be able to allow customers to add notes to orders like any common e-commerce platform does. It’s just… basic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

For sure magento-users should be able to extend checkout forms and add as many different fields as they need. One of the best way to achieve this is to use
Order Attributes module. Unlike the competitors plugins it adds new fiels in a magento style, so you can use API, add fields to email templates, export them, easily integrate with 3-d party extensions, and so on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Adding new Checkout Custom Fields becomes really simple when you have the Additional Checkout Attributes.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/additional-checkout-attributes-7685.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello
Please check this ORDER DELIVERY DATE / INSTRUCTIONS extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community