Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

photography studio - user photo shoot sales

digital dawg

Total Posts:  16

Just curious if it’s possible, for example, to authorize a logged in user to view only certain products and restrict the view of other products to that user.

I have a photography studio and would like to use Magento to sell my customers the prints prints from their session. The customer would log into the store and once logged in they’d be able to see the photographs from their photo shoot. Each customer that logs in would only be able to see their own photographs, and not the photographs of others user accounts.

Thanks much,

dawg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

digital dawg

Total Posts:  16

digital dawg - 31 August 2008 09:07 PM

Just curious if it’s possible, for example, to authorize a logged in user to view only certain products and restrict the view of other products to that user.

After getting under the hood of this bad boy, I’ve answered my own question ...  it doesn’t appear to be possible. That’s alright, though. It can’t be all things to all people. Such a product wouldn’t be hard to code anyway, and will make a nice little project for my spare time.

dawg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community