Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento import from oscommerce

martijnr

Total Posts:  31

For weeks Iam trying to use the osCommerce migration tool to do a export from oscommerce to magento. My oscommerce database has 1400 categories and more then 20.000 products. All the categories and products are also in a excel document in oscommerce format.

When i do a export of the oscommerce categories it keeps hanging at 99% and says that it imported 1480 of the 1482 rows. When I take half of the categories it again halts on 99% saying it importat 740 of the 741. I have been trying to look more into the problem but i cant figure out why it won’t do till 100%.

Also is there another way to import and update categories from a csv or excel without using the xmlrpc api?

Hope someone can help me out.

This is the error from firebug when it is at 99%.

<b>Trace:</b>

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Oscommerce\Model\Mysql4\Oscommerce.php(593): mageCoreErrorHandler

(8'Undefined index...''C:\xampp\htdocs...'593, Array)

#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Oscommerce\Model\Mysql4\Oscommerce.php(583): Mage_Oscommerce_Model_Mysql4_Oscommerce-

>getCategoryPath('15349')

#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Oscommerce\Model\Mysql4\Oscommerce.php(572): Mage_Oscommerce_Model_Mysql4_Oscommerce-

>getCategoryPath(5349)

#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Oscommerce\controllers\Adminhtml\ImportController.php(198

): Mage_Oscommerce_Model_Mysql4_Oscommerce->buildCategoryPath()

#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(343): Mage_Oscommerce_Adminhtml_ImportController-

>batchRunAction()

#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Router\Admin.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action-

>dispatch('batchRun')

#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin-

>match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))

#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()

#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\index.php(46): Mage::run()

#9 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community