Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can not import more than 300 products at a time ! 

Capitaine Commerce

Total Posts:  68
Lille, France

After trying the import module, I am facing to issues.

1) I was so far unable to import more than 300 products at a time

2) The imported products don’t appear in the Catalogue Manager. Maybe this is because I haven’t imported such attributes as Visibility or Status.

That’s whay I would be happy to know what values to put in the Visibility or Status fields. I tried integer values such as 1 or 2, but got an error.

Anyone can help ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

The “visibility” field accepts values: “None”, “Catalog”, “Search”, “Catalog, Search”
The “status” field accepts: “Enabled”, “Disabled”, ‘Out-of-stock”
E.g. as you see them in text.

There’s also another possibility. If you importing them into “Default Values” in the store, it will be visible only in admin, because it doesn’t belong to any store.
In GUI you should choose which store it goes into, and/or add another column in import file “store” that would contain store code, such as “base”.

Regarding limitation of 300 products at the time, we are working on adapter that will process rows in smaller batches, to fit in memory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Capitaine Commerce

Lille, France

Ok, just one more question :
What values will accept the tax_class_id field ? I guess it is something like an integer, right ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Capitaine Commerce

Lille, France

Capitaine Commerce - 20 November 2007 10:59 PM

Ok, just one more question :
What values will accept the tax_class_id field ? I guess it is something like an integer, right ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Sorry to bother.
The response is :
Simply put the name of the tax class in that field: i.e, “default” or “Taxable Goods”.

Beware of the font case and to keep the lowercase and uppercase characters.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jog

Total Posts:  17
Herford / Germany

Moshe - 20 November 2007 09:01 AM

Regarding limitation of 300 products at the time, we are working on adapter that will process rows in smaller batches, to fit in memory.

We are having 50’000+ products and I would really like to fill them in in order to check the search performance and so on. Is there a way to get rid off that limitation ( while giving the webserver all the memory and time he needs) ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jog

Total Posts:  17
Herford / Germany

In case it is interessting for someone else:

I am running magnto on my old linux box ( AMD XP 1700+, 1.25 GB RAM, old lame Lampp installation ).
in the php.ini, I allow 6 minutes for execution, using up to 1 GB RAM (max_execution_time = 360; memory_limit = 1024M )

each row of my csv has 54 fields.
I am able to insert 500 records that way with each import.

while allowing the script to run 12 Minutes, I was able to import 700 records ( .csv had about 800kb)

as that was not very handy to do by hand, I created 100 files (import1.csv, import2.csv, ... ), each with 500 records and copied them to /path/to/magento-root-dir/var/import/. I created a profile to read the import-csv directly from the server ( Admin panel -> System -> Import/Export -> Add new profile -> Profiles; Profile Wizard -> File Information -> Data transfer : Local/RemoteServer;; Type:Local Server;; File name: input.csv;; Path: var/import ).

The URL to start the is https://192.168.42.42/magento/admin/system_convert_gui/run/id/1/ where 1 is the id of ur profile. To get the right number of the import profile you want to use, (in the admin panel) click System - Import/Export - Profiles. The id is listed in the first column of the shown table.

I am not to familiar with wget in combination with cookies and authentification. Thus is used lynx, a console based browser ( to install apt-get lynx ). Lynx lets u record ur input an store it in a file if you execute it with the flag -cmd_log=/foo/bar/file. So I created a test-input.csv with one entry and started lynx

lynx -accept_all_cookies -cmd_log=/tmp/lynx.log https://192.168.120.221/magento2/admin/system_convert_gui/run/id/1/

As it runs and loads ur page, it will show the admin panel for authentification. Just type in login and password ( be aware that this will be stored as plain text in the file /foo/bar/file ! ) and hit enter whenever nessescary. Whenever you get to the point that ur import is done, hit “q” to quit lynx.

Now u can start lynx with the flag -cmd_script=/foo/bar/file and your input made before will be repeated for you. That enables u to use lynx in a for-loop with you being involved.

The following php-script did the job slowly but quite well:

<?php
for ($i=1;$i<86;$i++){

echo date("h:i:s",time())."\n";

$filename "import".$i.".csv";
    echo 
$filename."\n";

// make sure permissions of import* are set right

shell_exec('mv /opt/lampp/htdocs/magento2/var/import/'.$filename.' /opt/lampp/htdocs/magento2/var/import/input.csv');

shell_exec('lynx -accept_all_cookies -cmd_script=/tmp/lynx.log https://192.168.120.221/magento2/admin/system_convert_gui/run/id/1/');
    echo 
"done\n";
}
?>

now execute that file and it will so all the work for you. Dont forget to delete /foo/bar/file after all data is imported as it stores your magento admin login/password.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spek

Total Posts:  77

The “visibility” field accepts values: “None”, “Catalog”, “Search”, “Catalog, Search”

There’s also another possibility. If you importing them into “Default Values” in the store, it will be visible only in admin, because it doesn’t belong to any store.

Well, they aren’t showing up in admin at all for me..

I’ve been playing around with both xml and csv files. I’ve managed to import them once in a previous install. Now it succeeds but nothing shows up in the admin screen product manager.

Would it be possible to provide us with a list of absolutely required fields to make sure they appear in the admin panel? I’ve noticed this question on the forum before, the only answer I’ve seen is that “sku” was required. But that didn’t help me.

Here’s a csv I’ve tried with all possible combinations of double quotes enclosing:

manufacturer;sku;stock;name;short_description;description;cost;price;visibility;status;attribute_set
Sony
;3400ACT180ijd;3;ACTIV BINO ADVANCE 8X22;ACTIV BINO ADVANCE 8X22;ACTIV BINO ADVANCE 8X22;46,75;50,41;CatalogSearch;Enabled;Default

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

jog - 14 December 2007 02:13 AM

lynx -accept_all_cookies -cmd_log=/tmp/lynx.log https://192.168.120.221/magento2/admin/system_convert_gui/run/id/1/

Dear Jog:

I try to use your method with my “advanced import profile” (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35865/) but…

- wget don’t login
- lynx & elinks don’t process, directly dead in “Finished profile execution”:

[note_msg_icon.gif] Starting profile executionplease wait...
[fam_bullet_error.gif] WarningPlease don't close window during importing/exporting data

* [fam_bullet_success.gif] Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: load
     * [fam_bullet_success.gif] Loaded successfully: "/var/import/myfile.csv"
     * [fam_bullet_success.gif] Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
     * [fam_bullet_success.gif] Found 68 rows
     * [fam_bullet_success.gif] Starting catalog/convert_adapter_productwithconfigurablesandcategories :: parse
     * [note_msg_icon.gif] Finished profile execution.

Can you help me? :(

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

UPDATE:

I find the correct method to login with WGET (with --post-data, --save-cookies & --keep-session-cookies), but the result are the same: Finished profile execution

Some ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

UPDATE 2:

With links (elinks) I don’t try to auto-login, because the result is the same “Finished profile execution” :(

I’m lost…

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

Hi,

If interest to someone… I solve these import problem, you can loook it at: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35865/

Regards!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MI

Total Posts:  172
Spain

Hi,

I have problems with visibility field. It imports the products right except visibility field. I have tried with values “Catalog”, “Search”, “Catalog, Search” and in spanish because my backend is in spanish. But all the times the visibility field of new products shows “En ningún lugar” (None in english)

Why??

I don’t understand.

Please help me!

In GUI you should choose which store it goes into, and/or add another column in import file “store” that would contain store code, such as “base”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThieuMinhSang

Total Posts:  1
Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Viet Nam

May be You import wrong root category. You shoud find root category id in admin. and check root category of your store

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

HI again! I have good news!

I am pleased to inform you that my free extension \”AMartinez_CustomImportExport\" can now export as well.

It\’s the first step to future functionalities. Please try it with your multiple select attributes!

Feel free to test it and report any issue or suggestion!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

To avoid these errors you can try File2Cart. It will import your data from a csv or xml file automatedly. There’s also free assisted import service available till the end of the month, so the support team can help you resolve any issues like these for free. This service may be a fast and effective way to resolve your problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community