Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

htaccess missing

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

Today is Day 1 of Magento for me.  I managed to do a successful install.  I found great instructions for setting up multiple stores/domains/websites - which is what I’m trying to do.

Unfortunately, I’m stuck at step one—in which I’m supposed to copy my .htaccess and index.php files to a new folder.

I’ve copied the index.php file, but .htacces is missing.  I cannot find it anywhere - not in the original download from Magento, nor in my magento folder on my server, nor in the root.

I know this must be a ridiculous novice question - but, well, I can’t find the file!

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Hello,

You can use the following htaccess.txt, which is supplied with version 1.1.3.
Be sure to rename it to .htaccess. wink

File Attachments
htaccess.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 534)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

I found the answer to my problem.  You must be sure to enable “view invisible files” if you are using an FTP program—otherwise, any files with a period prefix are invisible—they’re there - just invisible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Glad that your issue has been solved.
What FTP client are you using? I recommend Filezilla and SmartFTP.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community