Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with catalog price rules

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

Over the last few days I have been playing around with Magento (and loving it) but I have finally found something that I just can’t figure out by myself. My problem is that I can’t seem to get the catalog price rules working. I have followed along with the tutorial in the knowledge base but it doesn’t work for me. I am using a “bare install” of Magento so I tried out the “full version” as well but that appears to suffer from the same problem.

What is meant to happen when a price rule is applied? As far as I understand it, it should modify the price displayed to the customer. I have not seen this happen anywhere so I assume it’s not working.

The products I am trying to discount belong to the custom “Book” attribute set. To try and get it working I have tried conditions:
- “Attribute Set is Book”
- “Attribute Set is 35” (database ID of the set)
- “Name contains Sample Book” (products are “Sample Book 1”, “Sample Book 2”, etc)
- “SKU is book1” (desperate and trying individual products!)

I have tried all manner of actions to go with these and made sure I apply the rule every time I change it. Still nothing. The rule is enabled, the single store is selected, all customer groups are selected and the dates are left blank.

Is this something that isn’t working yet in Magento? Or, more likely, is there something that I’m doing wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

Hi, I also am having trouble getting catalog price rules to work correctly.  Some do, some don’t.  Are we missing a bit of code?

Magento Community
Magento Community

none

Total Posts:  8

yes. me too.... please anyone helps me

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community