Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

getCurrentCategory Fubarred? 

rzazueta

Total Posts:  34

Here’s a new one: I’ve crated a category under Default Categories called “Shop By Department” with an alias of “department”. Under that are several categories, for example “Wakeboards”, alias “wakeboard”.

In my left hand navigation, I call $this->getCurrentCategory() then cycle through the children for that category and display them in my menu. I only want the Wakebaord children, no other children. For some reason, though, it thinks I’m in the category “Browse by Department” - the parent category. The URL, though, is “/index.php/department/wakeboard”. Why does it think I’m in the category “/index.php/department”? How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Rob Z.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rzazueta

Total Posts:  34

I’m bumping this as well - I’m desperate for an answer to this problem - can’t ANYONE help here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community