Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Does Grouped Products show any sort of price on the front end? 

ChrisF

Total Posts:  37

My problem was solved by going into Cache Management and hitting “Refresh Now” for Layered Navigation Indices.  But maybe my problem is different than others on the thread.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Cole Geissinger

Total Posts:  174
Northern California

ChrisF,
This may sound like a Layered Navigation issue? At least by you saying “left column” which by default is the location that the Layered navigation is. Can you supply a screen shot or link?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChrisF

Total Posts:  37

This was a layered navigation problem under Shopping options.  After refreshing Layered navigation in Cache Management it’s fixed now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kathir Vel

Total Posts:  11

It is not really fixed by refreshing the Layered Navigation. It come back again within an hour. The Magento team hasn’t taken this too seriously probably because not many people use grouped products.

I checked the Cron too. Everything is fine. The Price keeps disappearing all the time. I don’t really know what to say! The bug has been reported and is still not assigned for the upcoming versions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cole Geissinger

Total Posts:  174
Northern California

Yes, Unfortunately this is only a temporary fix. Sometimes this will stop the prices from disappearing for several days, but only takes 2-5 minutes for the refresh to happen. I can bare with that for now, but would like to Not deal with this.

I guess it ‘s not that Magento has not taken this to seriously it’s probably more of issues of recreating this. People have reported this bug and several times Magento had replied back with “cannot recreate bug”. It’s obvious that this isn’t happening to every install so there must be something going on with the initial install or something with the server maybe? Hopefully Magento figures this out soon, this definitely is a big issue and big pain in the ass.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vicky P

Total Posts:  93
Devon, UK

I can understand that if they can’t recreate the problem, they can’t fix it, but it does seem to be happening to a lot of people, so they ought to be taking this more seriously and working out what we all have in common which is causing this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Corllete Ltd

Total Posts:  47
Bulgaria

Magento team sucks !!!! Go and check if this issue exist in the enterprise edition - pretty sure NO !!! Don’t expect someone from the team to answer questions in this forum. This was in year 2007, but will not happen anymore. You know why.

Magento Community
Magento Community

attilacsorba

Total Posts:  10

i have found in the assoiated products at the end you can enter a sort order in numbers, I have done this and saved and it sorts fine, i am on ver 1.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  6

ok, but how to change default method of sorting from posiotion, to for example: by name or sku?

Magento Community
Magento Community

wardworthltd

Total Posts:  29

I’m still having the issue where the ex and inc tax prices shown for grouped products in a category and search are the same. I.e tax isn’t being calculated properly. I thought this had been fixed in version 1.4.0.1. Can anyone help please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gerrit boogaart

Total Posts:  8

I’m having the same problems; the prices of grouped items don’t show up on the front end… little sad that this is not fixed yet after 2 years…

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I posted in this thread earlier, hadn’t had the issue come up again until today. I use 1.3.1.1 and moved it to a new server. I had flushed standard cache etc. but the pricing disappeared. Refreshing the Layered Navigation Indices did the trick and I hope it stays this way!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dasmon777

Total Posts:  10

Odd thing - I have been struggling with the Starting at price not showing for nearly three months now. I have tried everything including:

refreshing the cache - many, many times
Re-entering the entire catalog
Updating the attributes, changing sites and stores
Different themes
Flushed Logs
Increased memory allocations on PHP and MySQL
Increased execution times

None of which made the slightest difference. Then all of a sudden I needed to flush hosts on the MySQL database because of another problem and - wha....? eh? The starting at prices have ALL re-appeared!

May not have been the reason, but it is the only change I made locally this weekend and there it is! The flush hosts clears any connection issues with the database, so kind of makes sense. Hope it helps someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2