Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Making a special customer group

Chomper06

Total Posts:  2

We have created a new customer group and with this certain customer group they get 10 percent off the total purchase.  When they choose to be in this group they are not put into it, instead they are put in the general group. How do I keep it from throwing them in the general group?
Ok, Say I get them in this special group, now how do i program magento to give the people in this special group 10 percent off their total purchase?  We have been working of this for two weeks and can’t figure it out.  So if someone has had the same or similar problem please help us.

Thanks, Chomper06

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

Hi, In theory, Admin-Promotions-catalog Price Rules - Add New Rule. >>Select group<< and stuff. Not looked at conditions but Actions gives the global discount for group.wink

Hope you can make sense of what Ive said.
Good Luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chomper06

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the help on that problem, now we have another problem that goes along with that.  it still doesn’t put me in the new group we created.  Now we went in and manually programed on the account page to have a check box that says “i am a certified teacher” so they check the box and they should be put in that category.  I’m thinking we missed something when we manually programed it in.  So if anyone know how to manually program something like that in please list the steps on how to.

thanks, Chomper06

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community