Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

can Magento not do that - Adi, please take a moment checkout the demo sites

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Someone posted a message sometimes ago that in the product listing page, when ‘add to cart’ is clicked, it goes to the homepage (index.php), I cannot find that post from the search (that’s why we think advanced search would be useful : ) after trying many combination of keywords.

Anyhow, I stumbled the very same problem last night. First I didn’t see this problem when I had only the ‘default’ theme (let’s called it theme1), when I add a product to cart, it stays at the same page as I have the setting not re-direct to cart page.

Long story shorts, I started working on second theme (theme 2), and due to the Hierarchy of Themes, when I added theme 2, my theme 1’s homepage showing up in the theme2’s homepage - because my theme1 files are located in the ‘default’ folders’ and that Default is the Lowest Hierarchy.

So I recreated my themes hierarchy like so, and have the ‘theme1’ as default theme in the design > themes configuration.

1) theme1
2) theme2
3) default

Everything seems working fine, until I started testing add cart function, only to find that it re-directs to homepage if ‘add cart’ is performed in any of the listing page. The problem occurs in both theme1 and theme2.  But it doesn’t have the same problem when I am in product view page.

The 2 list.phtml shared the identical codes, and I have compared the add cart code with another magento site that has only ‘default’ theme that shows no similar problem when add cart is performed. I suspect this is a bug, but before I file a bug report, I would like to find out first so that I don’t abuse bug report system. The demo site also have two themes, therefor I figure it won’t take you more than 2 minutes to test this out - right now the demo site is configured the add cart redirects to cart page.

So if you could kindly change the setting ‘After adding a product redirect to shopping cart’ to NO, and run 2 test in both Default and Modern themes in any of the listing page, is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Chinesedream, what version of Magento are you experiencing this on? We have tested this thoroughly on a fresh installation and could not duplicate the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Adi, thanks so much for checking smile

My version is v1.1.3.

I have just realized that another magento store (with default only) that I mentioned has no similar problem (with identical codes for list.phtml), is still on version 1.1.2. I was planning to test it by installing a 2nd theme on this store so that I can find more info on this issue.  Will report back if I do find something new.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljosephson

Total Posts:  37

I am having similar problems.  Anytime there is an add to cart error instead it does not go to either the cart or the current category listing page but rather the home page.  Anybody else having this problem with 1.1.3?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaundy

Total Posts:  18

I am experiencing this also with current version CE 1.7.0.2 i even done a fresh install with zero modification using the default magento theme.

i turned off the redirect from admin panel. all seems to work fine when in product view but from catalog view the add to cart button redirect to the home page. this is not right. Anyone go a solution or work around that could be applied.

hope someone can help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community