Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Do I need an SSL certificate? 

markl

Total Posts:  39

Hi,

I’ve just setup Google checkout (UK) and the callback api is looking for an ssl cert. I thought the whole idea of processing offsite, meant that I wouldn’t need this!?! Does anyone know if this is needed if I am to use google checkout with Magento? I cam make it work, but there is no auto redirect back to the site and when I go back, the items are all still sitting in the basket. In the backed, there is no order created - it’s obvious that Magento doesn’t realise that the payment has just been made.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Yes, to use Magento with the built-in Google Checkout option you will need to install a SSL certificate.

More information: http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer;=43863

Magento Community
Magento Community

markl

Total Posts:  39

thanks, I thought that might be the case.

Cheers,

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community