Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
changing product page page layout

jamessy

Total Posts:  14

Hi all im not sure if im being stupid but i cant figure out how to change the layout of the actual product page (not products page) normally you can decide what colum structure you want or what static blocks to include like in catalogue but i cant figure out how to do it for the product page!!!
Any help would and i would be very grateful

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gregg

You get anywhere on this? I’m lost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrphp

Total Posts:  18

change product layout at

app\design\frontend\default\default\template\catalog\product\view.phtml

hope it helps.

Mark
Collecta - Your collectibles store
http://collecta-mania.com.au

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gregg

I’m not clear how to switch up the layout so it is two-column left rather than two-column right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Open up app > design > frontend > default > deault > layout > catalog.xml

Do a search for “Product view” and about 5 lines beneath look for page/2columns-right.phtml. Change it to page/2columns-left.phtml or if you want 3 columns change it to page/3columns.phtml.

Magento Community
Magento Community

timmle

Total Posts:  72

I want to do the same thing but change my layout to 1column.phtml.

I am using the modern theme, and when i search for Product View there doesn’t seem to be a line of code to be able to change this.

Is it located somewhere else for the modern theme?

Magento Community
Magento Community

grazzt

Total Posts:  106

How can I move the table of associated products in a grouped product page from next to the image to underneath it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

designer84

Total Posts:  102

To do this easily, sign into your admin area.

1. Go to the top menu and select Catalog > Manage Products
2. Choose your product
3. Navigate to the Design tab (on the left)
4. Page Layout (near the bottom) - choose from the dropdown menu (e.g. - 2 Columns with Left Bar)

Magento Community
Magento Community

cvelez27

Total Posts:  2

I tried this but the change isn’t reflected in the layout when I view it live with FireBug. I’m new to Magento so if I’m missing something obvious—it might not be obvious to me. Can someone tell me where I might have gone wrong?

> - - - - - - - - - - snip - - - - - - - - - - <

Open up app > design > frontend > default > deault > layout > catalog.xml

Do a search for “Product view” and about 5 lines beneath look for page/2columns-right.phtml. Change it to page/2columns-left.phtml or if you want 3 columns change it to page/3columns.phtml.

> - - - - - - - - - - snip - - - - - - - - - - <

Magento Community
Magento Community

SEM Truth

Total Posts:  26

grazzt - 31 March 2010 09:09 AM

How can I move the table of associated products in a grouped product page from next to the image to underneath it?

Your question in fact seems to be referring to updating the layout of the product information and does not relate to the layout of the product page on a whole.

I have been looking into this and it appears that each product is controlled by template\catalog\product\view.phtml

From there you do not have access to creating a separate view for specific types of products. You can only change the entire layout for all products which you may not want to do. For example the grouped product pricing table is not called until the view.phtml layout has already been established.

template\catalog\product\view\type\simple.phtml

thus preventing you from being able to move the short description for example within the layout of a grouped product page.

Perhaps another developer will shed some light.

Magento Community
Magento Community

doughboy

Total Posts:  55

I am wanting to place a Sizing Chart on the bottom of each Product Detail Page (the page where they actually choose color, size, and order.
depending on what brand it is.

Every product will have a value in the Attribute BRAND.

I want to display the particular sizing chart for that Brand.  So if a product is brand ACME, then I want to display the ACME sizing chart, If the brand is MEAD, I want to display the MEAD sizing chart.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

TD

Magento Community
Magento Community

doughboy

If I could not do it any other way, I thought of creating all the sizing charts in JPG format and loading them as an alternate image for the product.  Not really the method I had in mind but it could work.  I really want it to be at the bottom of the page and then I will put some text by the “Size” option that tells them to “See Sizing Chart down below”.

I am open to any other ideas of accomplishing the same thing.

TD

Magento Community
Magento Community

claus.just

Total Posts:  15

Hi,

Did you find i solution to your needs?

I am also interested in the same functionality…

Magento Community
Magento Community

doughboy

I did.  works perfect.  I will get the code later this evening and post it up for you. 

TD

Magento Community
Magento Community

claus.just

Total Posts:  15

Great! Thanks, I Will appreciate it grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

doughboy

This first link is a post I made that gives an overview of what I did.  Please note that I actually modified my original method to a more streamlined method.  Found in link 2

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/201249/

This second thread is what has all the nuts and bolts.  Ashley offered one solution and Robert offered another.  At first I could not get Robert’s method to work but finally got a buddy to tell me what was wrong with the code and that fixed it.

http://magebase.com/magento-tutorials/showing-dynamic-content-on-magento-product-pages-based-on-product-attributes/

Hope this helps.

Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2