Magento Forum

Ok, products appearing to exist outside their “store”

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

Alright, I need some major help here. My actual setup is far more complicated than this, so I’m using an example here:

Two stores, Store_1 and Store_2. Each with their own unique Category Root. I have a product in Store_1 that is not in Store_2’s category tree. I’m in Store_1 and I add this product to my cart. I then switch stores to Store_2. I click on my shopping cart to look at it. The product is there, as one would expect. But when I click on it, this is the URL it takes me to. (http://www.example.com/store2/product.html) And it looks like the product appears to be in Store_2 now. Why? Not only is this not the functionality that I need, it doesn’t even make sense. In what configuration is this desired?

I should note--because in the chat room it appears that I am being misunderstood--that I am not bothered by the unified shopping cart. This is something that I actually want. It’s just that when a user clicks on a product that they added to their cart, it should take them to the product page, the exact place where they added it to their cart (the same store and everything.)

Taking a cue from this (http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/multiple-stores-one-checkout-with-magento-you-can/), imagine if I put a pair of Old Navy jeans in my shopping cart, clicked over to the Gap, and then looked at my shopping cart, only to find that it appeared as if the jeans belonged to the Gap store rather than the Old Navy store where I added them. In my frustration and confusion, I would clear my shopping cart, afraid that I’d made a mistake. I would most likely then leave the website and not purchase anything. At best, I might go back to the Old Navy store, put clothes in the cart, and then checkout without leaving the Old Navy store, thus defeating the purpose of the unified shopping cart.

Can someone PLEASE have an in depth dialogue with me about this. If Magento is truly setup the way that I’m afraid it is, then it’s “store” configuration is entirely useless!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Seriously, nothing? I don’t mean to be a pain here, but given how incredible Magento seems, I just cannot fathom why this particular aspect of the application would function this way. It makes it unusable. Could one of the developers, please help me out with this?! Has no one run into this before? Or have I done something wrong with my install?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Well, I know I haven’t given much time for replies, but I’m kind of short on time. I need to head off in search of some other ecommerce solution. That disappoints me, because Magento really does have great potential! But I understand that it’s a very new application. I will definitely be keeping my eye on it as it matures. I am more than willing to help test out this problem I’ve listed above. I think it’s a serious glitch, so if anyone can check it out, that would be great. I’ll keep active on this board and read and respond to any replies. If I need to clarify the problem, PLEASE ask me. But I really do hope one of the developers can look into this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mastermindsinc

Total Posts:  1

Count me in as yet another interested party!

Any word on a release date for any of these extensions?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community