Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

shipping has failed

I'm Done

Total Posts:  32

So I setup table rates yesterday, everything was working just fine. Tested it out and the settings worked as should. Well, well...after checking into a test again today (once again having to babysit the cart to make sure all is in working order) the shipping that was set up the day before has magically stopped working! The Estimate Shipping and Tax quote does not work and checking out a test order the shipping does not make itself available. The message I get now is “Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time.” Now what?????

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

I'm Done

Bump, anybody with a clue as to why this is or experience a similar issue?? The cart is completely useless on the checkout side. Can’t even process an order. I tried to disable the table rate and go back to the UPS setup and still getting the same error. This cart is destroying itself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

have you entered the weight value for your product(s)? The error message seems to be caused by lack of weight value. Even if your client charges fixed rate, the weight still needs to entered so that UPS, FedEx and USPS can give quote.

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

Cadan - 27 August 2008 09:20 AM

So I setup table rates yesterday, everything was working just fine. Tested it out and the settings worked as should. Well, well...after checking into a test again today (once again having to babysit the cart to make sure all is in working order) the shipping that was set up the day before has magically stopped working! The Estimate Shipping and Tax quote does not work and checking out a test order the shipping does not make itself available. The message I get now is “Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time.” Now what????? My client insists on table rates and I cannot provide them due to a completely unreliable shopping cart.

BIG SYMPATHY
Stop using table rates!
Hi , I have long suffered with tablerates and found a fantastic, easier mod that chucks away the csv import and tedious country rate manual input and total unreliability.  I use OWEBIA: Link below:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/437/owebia-shipping
You’ll be mad to try anything else… computable with Magento 1.0.19870.4, Magento 1.1. (Im using it on 1.1.3 and it works fantastically)
Great Module that saved me many many weeks work.
Good Luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

I'm Done

chinesedream - 28 August 2008 07:42 AM

have you entered the weight value for your product(s)? The error message seems to be caused by lack of weight value. Even if your client charges fixed rate, the weight still needs to entered so that UPS, FedEx and USPS can give quote.

Thank you Chinesedream for your ideas, however I haven’t touched my weight values since this started and all products do have weight assigned to them since the beginning. Something has kaput on this cart I can’t figure out what.

BIG SYMPATHY
Stop using table rates!
Hi , I have long suffered with tablerates and found a fantastic, easier mod that chucks away the csv import and tedious country rate manual input and total unreliability.  I use OWEBIA: Link below:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/437/owebia-shipping
You’ll be mad to try anything else… computable with Magento 1.0.19870.4, Magento 1.1. (Im using it on 1.1.3 and it works fantastically)
Great Module that saved me many many weeks work.
Good Luck

Harry, stop trying to sell your mod. I’m already mad about using Magento as our ecommerce solution. My client strictly uses table rates and won’t except any other way. Besides, the whole shipping is knocked out on our cart. Whether it’d be UPS, USPS, flat rate or any other method. I still get the same error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

My Mod????? I wish I had the skills.... Read my posts and you’ll see my frustrations over the last 6 months! Ive been screaming for some changes on table rates ... so I think your wrong PAL.  I just want to share my joy. Some kind souls have made the effort to share their code FOR FREE and I’ll sing their praises cause it dug my out of a few dark wholes. Can i do that??

Guess my 6months of tablerates crashing and begging someone 2 use an easier non-upload system has left me feeling a little frazzled. Read my posts and understand my Then ,frustrations.. I’ll take note next time I hear your squeals for help to ignore you. be grateful I bothered posting my experiences and advice! Hope your problems were solved .

By the way Ive used another well known cart which frustrated the hell out of me (Oscommerce 5 years use) but its shipping system used Zonal world shipping with weight to destination for cost. I found this extension (by chance) and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to input 240 countries with 10-16 different shipping costs! Its been stable for me and hasn’t even burped. My Magento system is fully operational and taking orders and getting the shipping right (important). Im excited about magento Now , the shipping I had running before used tablerates. It screwed up 10% of the time , which was unacceptable.

I should control my excitement sometimes but shipping is critical and this simply replaced tablerates for me.

Good luck with your quest.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Total Posts:  166
Los Angeles, CA

I hate people who whine and moan, and then bitch at people who try to help them.

Why do some people feel that they are obligated to free support with a 24 hour response time?

Harry took the time to post and link to a free solution that might help.

Yet you don’t bother to check out the link to see if it’s a free solution or not?

Aren’t you making money providing a service to your clients?  Why would you even bitch about others offering their solutions whether it’s free or not?

Your client pays you for your services and knowledge.  Yet you feel you are obligated to free services and knowledge from others.

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

hyteckit - 28 August 2008 12:42 PM

I hate people who whine and moan, and then bitch at people who try to help them.

Why do some people feel that they are obligated to free support with a 24 hour response time?

Harry took the time to post and link to a free solution that might help.

Yet you don’t bother to check out the link to see if it’s a free solution or not?

Aren’t you making money providing a service to your clients?  Why would you even bitch about others offering their solutions whether it’s free or not?

Your client pays you for your services and knowledge.  Yet you feel you are obligated to free services and knowledge from others.

Voice Of reason… Well said.

Magento Community
Magento Community

I'm Done

First I apologize to Harry for my abrupt comment. I am beyond frustrated.

Never in my life have I seen OS software require such needy attention. Perhaps Magento is so new, it might of course still need to suckle a bit. However, this software is NO WHERE near ready for a production model. Never have I seen something such as this require so many core code fixes to just layout right. Templates should all be handled in one location, not scattered about throughout the core code to layout a ‘what should be simple’ front page and side columns. I can’t even think of how many core files I had to refer to in order to make the page look right, whether it’d be images, css, variable functionality and any other files hard to hunt for buried deep into the directory scheme. This is the worst piece of garbage software I’ve ever seen. Sure it looks nice and pretty on the outside, but is an ugly cow from the inside and unfortunately for Varien, is starting to spill its ugly side from the inside - out. Varien is setting themselves up for disaster with this OS software unless they get their act together. Creating a monster and abandoning the support forum expecting people to pay $500+ for support in a system they don’t have much faith in and spending hard earned money to think of continuing that relationship. It’s a horrible business practice that you have created because you haven’t waited long enough to perfect the system. You should still tend to the people who are expecting some mild support on the forums to help make your so called healthy platform viable!

My client, who I’ve never seen this upset before and I have wasted too many countless hours and money on this setup and will now be forcing ourselves to choose another route. I am discontinuing my use of Magento and I only hope and wish the best for those that want to continue battling this beast that appears more pretty than functional. I have found other solutions that offer everything Magento does not with more ease and functionality. Thank you Varien very much for the waste of time and headache this has created. It has been a pleasant learning experience.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community