Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help! Fatal Error after months of working site! 

Ivy420

Total Posts:  2

Here is the error on frontend and backend:

“Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception’ with message ‘pdo_mysql extension is not installed’ in /home/nick/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:81 Stack trace: #0 /home/nick/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(390): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #1 /home/nick/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array) #2 /home/nick/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Type/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php(39): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’) #3 /home/nick/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(77): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element)) #4 /home/nick/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection(’core_read’) #5 /home/nick/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(256): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->_getConnection(’read’) #6 /home/nick/public_html in /home/nick/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php on line 81”

As mentioned, i have had the site up for months working fine and today i get this.  I am hosted through hostgator and the server is running php 5.2.6.  What could cause this and how can i fix it?  Im gonna try to do research in the meantime, but thought someone may have some suggestions or comments.

Thx for any insight anyone can provide!

Amy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ivy420

Total Posts:  2

I found someone else having an installation error with host gator and i was able to make it work. 

http://www.codeindoses.com/2008/07/installing-magento-in-hostgater/

The link and php.ini file may be of help to others!

Thanks Raven ;p

Magento Community
Magento Community

raven

Total Posts:  10
Philippines

Guys,

the link was changed to: http://www.codestash.com/2008/07/installing-magento-in-hostgater/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community