Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Products with Image Upload

auxano

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I’m working with a client on their commerce site and wondered if Magento is the right choice for us.  I like that Magento has a CMS - we definitely need that! 

I need a software that will allow customers to fill in a form and then upload personal photos so that my client can create custom products for them.  It will be something similar to this:  http://lastlaughgifts.com/item/Anniversary_Champagne_Label/214/c46.  Do you know if Magento would support this?

Also, we need to allow for customers who might want to order multiple copies of the same item except with different information/photos.

We began building the site in CMS Made Simple, but it’s proving too difficult to beat that CMS into submission so it will behave like an e-commerce software.

Thoughts?  smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Image/file uploading functionality is currently on the roadmap and should be available in future releases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

auxano

Total Posts:  2

Okay, thanks for your reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brianjking

Total Posts:  14
Bowling Green, OH

adimagento - 27 August 2008 11:49 AM

Image/file uploading functionality is currently on the roadmap and should be available in future releases.

Hello,

I am looking to sell PDF files that will be dynamically watermarked and will require a method for the client to upload their logo or an avatar to be placed on the PDF as well as a (C) 2009 - Company Name LLC - Purchased by “Client who purchased PDF name here”

Essentially I’m trying to do 2 things, please help!

1. Can I somehow have Magento pass a GET or POST statement to the PHP script we are writing to generate the (C) 2009 company name llc - “Client who purchased’s name goes here (ie: John Doe") Not for re-distribution? (Is there a way to pull this client data that just made a purchase for the downloadable product?

2. Is there a way in the Magento core or an extension to allow a logo or avatar that we could also utilize when dynamically generating the PDF’s to include the customer logo on the top of the form.

If not in the Magento core features currently, 1. is there plans for this? when should it be implemented? 2. is there a way to get the data through an API or something of the like?

Thank you! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

QuadraVis

Total Posts:  82
D - Erbach

Is there any new infos on that?
Version 1.2.1 has no image upload till now

Magento Community
Magento Community

VinciRufus

Total Posts:  7

Hi,
This is a followup to the original question on this post

I’ve Magento 1.3.2.3 running and what I need is the ability to allow the user to upload a custom photo which will be printed on the products like mugs T-shirts etc.
What I needed to know is how should I setup my products, would the Customizable Product be the right choice to do so, If so would I need to create attributes or something like that.. I already have my own file uploading code what I need to know is, in which field of the database should I save the file name of the image.

Thanks for your help in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

crossundlecker

Total Posts:  1

is there something new concerning this little big feature?!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pkiriakou

Total Posts:  8

When do you expect to have this funcionality?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aalinn

Total Posts:  50

Anything new on this? We sell custom apparel and could increase conversion significantly with this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Customers can upload files while ordering products in magento 1.5 by default, what is more interesting, they can post their own photos wearing, say, t-shirts for show-off with the Customer Product Images extension, just like as at Amazon.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community