Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UPS

rmadridca

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

I’m trying to understand what UPS carrier integration Magento offers. I notice that it is a shipping method which is selectable in the admin interface, however I’m not sure what this really does. What the client would like to have is a way to automatically create the UPS shipping record with UPS when choosing to ship the order in Magento. Does this integration exist and if not, is it going to be provided in the near future?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phazlett

Total Posts:  21
Celebration, FL

UPS integration is supported but to enable it you need a key from UPS. This is a little bit of a pain to get because you have to follow their certification instructions. This site will get you started.

http://www.ups.com/e_comm_access/toolintro?loc=en_US

I’m not currently using UPS but I have always wondered how the shipping bar code is printed. We’re using UPS web API for another non-Magento based project and it works very well and one of the things the UPS web API does is return the actual bar code image that we send to a thermal printer.

I’d love to know how to get bar codes with Magento-UPS integeration. I mean getting a quote from UPS is one thing but where would I get the actual bar code for the package?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rmadridca

Total Posts:  19

Thanks so much for your reply. I guess what I’m really trying to get at is what does the integration really provide? Does it simply just allow Magento to pick up the UPS rates via the interface or does it actually integrate with UPS in that an order that has been marked as shipped in Magento actually creates a shipment with UPS and returns a tracking code.

Currently our client creates the packing slip or ships the order though their current system and then has to login to UPS and create the actual shipment through UPS. Does Magento UPS integration do this all in one step by somehow interfacing with UPS and creating the shipment seamlessly?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aston

Total Posts:  10

DogQuality - 09 July 2009 04:50 AM

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the exact same question...if I complete the ship function within a customer’s order through the admin interface am I actually placing the ship order to UPS or is this just to generate a shipping notification for the customer and I actually have to login into UPS and place the order directly? I am currently set up to pull my negotiated rates via XML, but how far does the integration go...I believe it does not actually place the ship order but I’d like to confirm.

thanks

I have the same question. If I click to the “Ship” button, a new view appears where I can specify the Tracking Number, but is there any way that Magento would automatically create the shipping in my UPS online account and copy the tracking number to the shipping?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bkscott

Total Posts:  137
Sacramento

Classy Llama Studios - 16 August 2009 10:14 AM

@aston: Magento provides no way to print UPS/Fedex/USPS shipping labels directly from it’s interface.  There is a shipping management application called ShipWorks that recently added support for Magento.  I wrote a blog post about it here: http://classyllama.com/magento/management/using-shipworks-with-magento-usps-ups-fedex-shipping-integration/

its a nice program. its too bad they want a % of your profits in order for you to use it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marina

Total Posts:  2

So, did anyone find an answer to this?  Looks like too many people are having issues with this and can’t really get a definite answer. 

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the exact same question...if I complete the ship function within a customer’s order through the admin interface am I actually placing the ship order to UPS or is this just to generate a shipping notification for the customer and I actually have to login into UPS and place the order directly? I am currently set up to pull my negotiated rates via XML, but how far does the integration go...I believe it does not actually place the ship order but I’d like to confirm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marina

Total Posts:  2

So, did anyone find an answer to this:

Magento Community
Magento Community

prashant2k4

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I am facing a problem to implement the UPS with Magento. I have filled all the fields for “United Parcel Service XML” UPS type. But it is displaying “This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.” on frontend

Kindly advice what should i do for this? This is very urgent for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nithin_ank

Total Posts:  10

Hi

You just have to change currency settings or change in Ups.php

Check this link

Post 3 for more details..

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/266107/

gringringrin